tOSU at ND

smwhorn

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

Yep

Both these coaches are frauds, the big 10 is going to get boat raced in the playoffs again no matter which team goes. 

I wouldn't say tOSU got boat-raced last season. They were a FG kicker away from the Big One. The writers slobbered all over the Bulldogs, but there was a very very small margin between those two. TCU... not so much.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Ohio State was supposed to win this game. Their toughness should still be questioned under Ryan Day with his losses to Michigan, Georgia, Clemson....

Really? Is that your take on the Georgia game last year? That OSU lacked toughness? They lost it on a missed FG. That and Marvin Harrison Jr. getting hit in the head and knocked unconscious with no penalty called. Georgia had no answer for him.

And Clemson? Ryan Day is the first OSU coach in history to beat Clemson. One could argue he broke Clemson. The Bucks hammered them in the playoff 3 years ago and they haven’t been back. Clemson was favored by 7. The Bucks lost a competitive game to Clemson the year before that, also as an underdog. I don’t know if Lou talked about those games. I read about his comments but never watched the video or paid attention to what he said because he’s a doddering old man and who cares what he says? Of course he’s picking the Irish. But yeah, anyone saying the Bucks were soft in those games is a fucking idiot.

Day’s mistake was overreacting and going public with his overreaction. I guess he used it as bulletin board material to motivate the team and that’s fine. But airing his grievances in public was pretty amateurish, the sign of an inexperienced head coach. All I could think was, how would Jim Tressel have handled that? He probably would’ve said something cryptic like, “I’ll have to send Lou Holtz a thank you note” and never explained what he meant. 

3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I wouldn't say tOSU got boat-raced last season. They were a FG kicker away from the Big One. The writers slobbered all over the Bulldogs, but there was a very very small margin between those two. TCU... not so much.

You are right I was thinking Michigan Georgia the year before

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Really? Is that your take on the Georgia game last year? That OSU lacked toughness? They lost it on a missed FG. That and Marvin Harrison Jr. getting hit in the head and knocked unconscious with no penalty called. Georgia had no answer for him.

And Clemson? Ryan Day is the first OSU coach in history to beat Clemson. One could argue he broke Clemson. The Bucks hammered them in the playoff 3 years ago and they haven’t been back. Clemson was favored by 7. The Bucks lost a competitive game to Clemson the year before that, also as an underdog. I don’t know if Lou talked about those games. I read about his comments but never watched the video or paid attention to what he said because he’s a doddering old man and who cares what he says? Of course he’s picking the Irish. But yeah, anyone saying the Bucks were soft in those games is a fucking idiot.

Day’s mistake was overreacting and going public with his overreaction. I guess he used it as bulletin board material to motivate the team and that’s fine. But airing his grievances in public was pretty amateurish, the sign of an inexperienced head coach. All I could think was, how would Jim Tressel have handled that? He probably would’ve said something cryptic like, “I’ll have to send Lou Holtz a thank you note” and never explained what he meant. 

Lou was a slobbering goon in the video chuckling his way through a take on Ohio St that included some WWF-style call and response with the audience. McAfee is literally in a Holtz mask and slobbering his way through an impression of Lou throughout the whole bit. Lou is laughing at Pat taking the piss out of him the whole time. Anyone who watched that and thought hmm maybe Lou has a point is a moron. Day’s response says more about his insecurities.

On 9/24/2023 at 7:12 AM, Serak The Preparer said:

Not just half-the-distance though, it would have been a free play against those same 10 guys on the field. Then, if that free play doesn't work out for Ohio State, they get to try again. I actually think that Freeman was right not to try to push an 11th guy out there.

I thought you only get an untimed down if time has expired. 

But shenanigans were not necessary. The ref stood behind the center to give ND a chance to substitute. 

Edited by notre dame joe