A Republican style method for arm twisting weed legalization

horn4life

Since the State of Texas has chosen not to address the clear and urgent issues regarding the stability of the energy grid here in Texas, I believe it creates an opportunity.  What if those who want weed legal simply take advantage of this gross dereliction of duty on this issue.  I also assume that when those nearly daily energy conservation alerts are put out by ERCOT the folks most likely to turn down their thermostats are the exact people that the State of Texas hates.  I would actually love to see a chart of who does and does not adjust their thermostats with the pleas from the state to conserve to save the fragile grid they designed.

What if on the same days that ERCOT is begging the citizens to conserve, folks that want weed legalized run their air conditioning down 2 degrees all across the state at 4:20 pm, when energy supplies are lowest.  Now I know that this is not a real possibility, because most Dems would not actually want the power grid to fail to make a point.  I do NOT think you can make the same sort of assumption with our Republican friends.  As Republicans routinely damage the economy and the country with their hypocritical government shutdowns over spending concerns (they never have when GOP presidents are in office.)

But it's and interesting proposition to me.  Of course since Greg Abbott and company didn't fix the grid, they probably don't have a plan for fixing it after it fails.  So I don't think the risk reward would be worth it.  But damn, if Dems were only as consistently irresponsible as our Republican friend it would be an interesting way to pressure the legalization of Marijuana, to the rural racist based current government control.

#420blackout

2 hours ago, horn4life said:

Since the State of Texas has chosen not to address the clear and urgent issues regarding the stability of the energy grid here in Texas, I believe it creates an opportunity.  What if those who want weed legal simply take advantage of this gross dereliction of duty on this issue.  I also assume that when those nearly daily energy conservation alerts are put out by ERCOT the folks most likely to turn down their thermostats are the exact people that the State of Texas hates.  I would actually love to see a chart of who does and does not adjust their thermostats with the pleas from the state to conserve to save the fragile grid they designed.

What if on the same days that ERCOT is begging the citizens to conserve, folks that want weed legalized run their air conditioning down 2 degrees all across the state at 4:20 pm, when energy supplies are lowest.  Now I know that this is not a real possibility, because most Dems would not actually want the power grid to fail to make a point.  I do NOT think you can make the same sort of assumption with our Republican friends.  As Republicans routinely damage the economy and the country with their hypocritical government shutdowns over spending concerns (they never have when GOP presidents are in office.)

But it's and interesting proposition to me.  Of course since Greg Abbott and company didn't fix the grid, they probably don't have a plan for fixing it after it fails.  So I don't think the risk reward would be worth it.  But damn, if Dems were only as consistently irresponsible as our Republican friend it would be an interesting way to pressure the legalization of Marijuana, to the rural racist based current government control.

#420blackout

nene GIF