Lawyer rec - residential builder defect

Got a friend selling a 5 year old home, all kinds of issues upon inspection with the stucco.   significant $$ repairs.  they would like to pursue reimbursement from their builder.  anyone got a firm to recommend?   Houston area.

1 year warranty on most items and a 2 year warranty on mechanical labor / installation items however their may be more warranty on mechanical parts and pieces.  

10 year latent defect warranty on everything.   You friend needs to document and follow Texas property code 27.and give notice to builder and play all cards according to Hoyle. 

If the builder is worth a darn, he will address the issue.  

Is this really a stucco issue or a flashing the stucco issue?  What type of builder?  Tract home?  Production “custom?”  High-end custom?  High-priced spec?  

On 7/5/2018 at 2:00 PM, Horn of Gabriel said:

First of all, good luck w/ that.  I think he'll find that aside from straight up gross negligence, the law is pretty tilted in favor of the builder.  But maybe he can get something on settlement?

This is my assumption, but I told them I'd get an attorney name and they can call and discuss.  I know, in general, hard to sue businesses in Texas.

33 minutes ago, deadshank said:

1 year warranty on most items and a 2 year warranty on mechanical labor / installation items however their may be more warranty on mechanical parts and pieces.  

10 year latent defect warranty on everything.   You friend needs to document and follow Texas property code 27.and give notice to builder and play all cards according to Hoyle. 

If the builder is worth a darn, he will address the issue.  

Is this really a stucco issue or a flashing the stucco issue?  What type of builder?  Tract home?  Production “custom?”  High-end custom?  High-priced spec?  

sent a PM.   It isn't a high-end custom, but not a cheap home by any standards.

40 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Stucco doesn't suck. What they're probably dealing with is EIFS or Dryvit over wood frame construction without proper drainage behind the Dryvit substrate which does suck.

Agreed.  Stucco is fine if installeda d flashed properly.  EIFS is OK for commercial use where proper flashing techniques are followed.