NFL Final 4

BluTechsan

12 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

A)

Does anyone disagree that the top 4 teams are SF, Philly, KC, Miami?

B) 

Does anyone think that any of those 4 will not make it to their CCG?

wanna bet that the Super Bowl isn't comprised of two of those four teams?

The college model is stupid.  So is this.  Thank god the NFL plays it out on the field, as opposed to the beauty pageant.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

wanna bet that the Super Bowl isn't comprised of two of those four teams?

The college model is stupid.  So is this.  Thank god the NFL plays it out on the field, as opposed to the beauty pageant.

What is the “this” to which you are referring?

And how is your bet any different from my (b) question? (other than the fact that it’s impossible for the SB to be comprised of more than 2 of the 4 teams - phrasing - lol)  

I understand you gist - and yes I do think the SB will be made up of 2 of those 4 but no, I do not believe that those 4 will be the CCG participants

I do agree that the college model is and has been stupid for a long while.

Whether or not they make their CCG has at least 7 weeks of games to go.   That’s an eternity.  Mid season rankings are dumb too.  The whole story has not been told and the rankings ‘Top 2’ have NOTHING to do with the product on the field until seedings come out.  

‘Lots of things could change’ is the point.

Edited by slorch

How come Miami blows out bad teams and cant beat good ones, yet NFL fans and media constantly suck them off and call them elite?? Reminds me of another NFC East team with those same tendencies but gets held to a higher standard.

Dallas will fuckstomp the shitstain Eagles

Edited by cmontexas

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

Whether or not they make their CCG has at least 7 weeks of games to go.   That’s an eternity.  Mid season rankings are dumb too.  The whole story has not been told and the rankings ‘Top 2’ have NOTHING to do with the product on the field until seedlings come out.  

‘Lots of things could change’ is the point.

Can’t argue with any of that.

And you’ve nailed the point of this thread...

Illustrating absurdity by being absurd

The college model is absurd. Applying it to the NFL is equally absurd

(but I really do think the 2 SB teams will come from that group of 4 - can’t say which 2 right now - but I fully expect an upset to happen somewhere)

52 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

KC’s offense is officially a problem.

Their Tackles fucking suck.  At least they helped reduce the amount of drops by Chiefs receivers though, now Mahomes just can't get the ball off.

Chiefs defense last night had no fucking answers.  No disruption.  No nothing.  Packers just played keep away the whole damned game.  It was a shitty effort on multiple fronts.

Edited by slorch

Top 2 NFL seeds of each division have won 75% of the Superbowls. 

Top 2 CFB teams have won 66% of championships, and would have increased with higher number of samples. 

Who cares about who gets screwed for the last spot.  Except the one that gets screwed. The universe is undisturbed. Moisturized. Relaxed. 

Top 2 NFL seeds of each division have won 75% of the Superbowls. 

Top 2 CFB teams have won 66% of championships, and would have increased with higher number of samples. 

Who cares about who gets screwed for the last spot.  Except the one that gets screwed. The universe is undisturbed. Moisturized. Relaxed. 
And which makes it more maddening that Dallas lost in their first playoff game each time they were the 1 seed in the last 15 years.

The whole "just make it into the playoffs and anything can happen" isn't the case in the NFL. It does ring true in MLB and NHL. There can be upsets in the wild card round. And yes, there are years where teams like the Giants or 2005 Steelers win it but that's not the norm. If you aren't a top 2 seed in the NFL, you are going to have a hard time winning it all.