Keith Lee (Tiktok restaurant tour) - Houston

Nice Guy Eddie

Keith Lee took his food tour to Houston this past week. https://www.tiktok.com/@keith_lee125

Some highlights include Breakfast Klub, Waffle Bus and some place called the Puddery in Pearland. Lee can make or break a restaurant.  The Puddery had to temp close after his post because she was hit by the Keith Lee Effect. The new crowds led to the owner thinking she was having a heart attack but urgent care diagnosed a pulled chest muscle from overwork. 

I had never heard of Keith until a recent tour stop he had in Atlanta. Keith appears to focus on African American-owned restaurants but I don't believe that is a hard rule. He unintentionally almost closed down some Atlanta restaurants after he posted about his poor experiences. Mainly due to rules around phone-in orders, substitutions, etc. His experiences led to a large internet conversations about some restaurants and their "house rules." 

Going to the Breakfast Klub previously required a long wait. Now it will be impossible as out-of-towners may increase that wait.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Keith Lee took his food tour to Houston this past week. https://www.tiktok.com/@keith_lee125

Some highlights include Breakfast Klub, Waffle Bus and some place called the Puddery in Pearland. Lee can make or break a restaurant.  The Puddery had to temp close after his post because she was hit by the Keith Lee Effect. The new crowds led to the owner thinking she was having a heart attack but urgent care diagnosed a pulled chest muscle from overwork. 

I had never heard of Keith until a recent tour stop he had in Atlanta. Keith appears to focus on African American-owned restaurants but I don't believe that is a hard rule. He unintentionally almost closed down some Atlanta restaurants after he posted about his poor experiences. Mainly due to rules around phone-in orders, substitutions, etc. His experiences led to a large internet conversations about some restaurants and their "house rules." 

Going to the Breakfast Klub previously required a long wait. Now it will be impossible as out-of-towners may increase that wait.

He doesn’t focus on Black owned restaurants.

He’s helped numerous Black, White, and Latino owned places in Las Vegas, which is where he lives. He gets people from all over the country to fly to Las Vegas to help out, not because he asks them to but because of his following. I believe his focus is independently owned restaurants regardless of who owns them. He likes helping people make it big. At the same time, he’s shut down some restaurants as well because of the quality of food or how he or his fam was treated. (Let’s be honest, there are some people who just don’t need to open up restaurants)

Yes, he got The Real Milk & Honey in Atlanta to close for a few days because people just weren’t going. They are back open, I believe. Many people in Atlanta backed him up on the Atlanta food scene and the absurd rules some of them have. 

He’s gotten so famous that he’s signed partnerships with Chipotle and Pepsi.

His brother is Kevin Lee the UFC fighter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Pancho said:

He doesn’t focus on Black owned restaurants.

He’s helped numerous Black, White, and Latino owned places in Las Vegas, which is where he lives. He gets people from all over the country to fly to Las Vegas to help out, not because he asks them to but because of his following. I believe his focus is independently owned restaurants regardless of who owns them. He likes helping people make it big. At the same time, he’s shut down some restaurants as well because of the quality of food or how he or his fam was treated. (Let’s be honest, there are some people who just don’t need to open up restaurants)

Yes, he got The Real Milk & Honey in Atlanta to close for a few days because people just weren’t going. They are back open, I believe. Many people in Atlanta backed him up on the Atlanta food scene and the absurd rules some of them have. 

He’s gotten so famous that he’s signed partnerships with Chipotle and Pepsi.

His brother is Kevin Lee the UFC fighter. 

Apologies if I was wrong. I read this about him in several articles. 

Lee has repeatedly emphasized his desire to uplift Black-owned businesses, and is known for being a very generous tipper.

He regularly visits Black-owned and family-owned restaurants and has a history of turning an underrated mom-and-pop spot into the hottest kitchen in any city.

• 1 month later...