Hottest Real Estate zip codes, or people really love BFE Suburbia

crash_davis

Hottest zip codes for Texas. Haven't look at the rest of the US but I imagine most of those zips are in BFE suburbia.

Stupid question. As minorities moved from the city to the burbs, are non-minorities moving even further out to avoid the old suburbs?

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/texas-accounts-for-almost-half-of-the-hottest-zip-codes-for-real-estate-in-2023/

image.png.9249c6734518ad6370397e0c692432b0.png

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Hottest zip codes for Texas. Haven't look at the rest of the US but I imagine most of those zips are in BFE suburbia.

Stupid question. As minorities moved from the city to the burbs, are non-minorities moving even further out to avoid the old suburbs?

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/texas-accounts-for-almost-half-of-the-hottest-zip-codes-for-real-estate-in-2023/

"The rankings are determined based on the number of homes that went into contract within 90 days of listing."

So if this is just based on a total, doesn't it bias it toward zip codes with more homes?  To really be the "hottest" it would need to be this value as a percentage of homes listed in that same period.

I just moved out of that Denton area.  Home prices were nothing even if you were building new a handful of years ago.  Everyone in the neighborhood sold once prices sky rocketed up the last few years.  It's certainly temperature hot.  That whole 380 corridor is insane.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, ABSR said:

"The rankings are determined based on the number of homes that went into contract within 90 days of listing."

So if this is just based on a total, doesn't it bias it toward zip codes with more homes?  To really be the "hottest" it would need to be this value as a percentage of homes listed in that same period.

The "hottest" can mean anything. For instance, I clicked on this thread expecting to find the zip codes with the hottest suburban MILFs. I am disappointed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, F250 said:

The "hottest" can mean anything. For instance, I clicked on this thread expecting to find the zip codes with the hottest suburban MILFs. I am disappointed.

You're looking for the Decatur WalMart zip code. 76234

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I'm not sure, but the Houston section could just be the Aggie collective following their Ring Beacon back to the Mothership at Kyle Field.

54 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I just moved out of that Denton area.  Home prices were nothing even if you were building new a handful of years ago.  Everyone in the neighborhood sold once prices sky rocketed up the last few years.  It's certainly temperature hot.  That whole 380 corridor is insane.

When I first moved to Frisco, Panther Creek was dove hunting fields and 380 might as well have been the Red River.

Now all my friends and old neighbors (we had moved out a long time ago) sold their homes and bought multi-acre tracts with luxury trim and design and outdoor work in Celina that look like the Dude Perfect or Dak Prescott's homes. And some still banked $500-1mm from proceeds.

Lesson I guess is it's good to get lucky.

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Moved out last February. 380 is dogshit