Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Watching this aggy-Bama game and realizing how many top teams/pitchers are already over 100 IP not even halfway through April

Berzon, Canady, Mullins, Beaver, Pickens, Landry,  Kilfoyl. Now Crandall. Kennedy for aggy. Team still relying on an ace/workhorse 

TK has our most IP at 77, with Mac and Citlaly in the 50s and Czech at 40. Texas has a true pitching staff

OU is similar - Maxwell at 78, May at 57, Deal and Keeny low 40s

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Texas probably has the easiest finishing schedule of the top 3.  OKST and OU have some toughies - @ UCF is no slouch and Bedlam is going to be interesting

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

The conference race is actually interesting this year.

That game-one loss to UH really bites right now. However, OU dropped one to BYU, and OSU has dropped three to worse competition (BU, ISU, and BYU), so I guess I can't complain.

At least it's interesting.

Edited by MuellerHorn

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Watching this aggy-Bama game and realizing how many top teams/pitchers are already over 100 IP not even halfway through April

Berzon, Canady, Mullins, Beaver, Pickens, Landry,  Kilfoyl. Now Crandall. Kennedy for aggy. Team still relying on an ace/workhorse 

TK has our most IP at 77, with Mac and Citlaly in the 50s and Czech at 40. Texas has a true pitching staff

OU is similar - Maxwell at 78, May at 57, Deal and Keeny low 40s

Thanks for this, as I was wondering after ou pitched Maxwell twice against us if it was still normal to lean on one ace for the bulk of the innings, since I don’t watch much softball outside of Texas games. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Thanks for this, as I was wondering after ou pitched Maxwell twice against us if it was still normal to lean on one ace for the bulk of the innings, since I don’t watch much softball outside of Texas games. 

The goal has been to move away from an ace/workhorse bc of the advanced analytics means you don’t want to have a single pitcher for 2+ games 

Honestly can’t say I’m to surprised. 

only thing I’m upset at is the pathetic effort by Maloney on the deep ball

Hopefully we didn’t use all our runs last night 

Edited by D3zii

Alex Loeb will be changing his pants already. Dude loves this shit

Citlaly may need to come out of the pen because she’s so mentally not ready to start games 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Alex Loeb will be changing his pants already. Dude loves this shit

Citlaly may need to come out of the pen because she’s so mentally not ready to start games 

Really hate that cause she’s shown she can be dominant. Just to inconsistent 

Mac trying to finish this game off 

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Well, box score shows she scored, that was a pretty terrible call. 

It did look like the Baylor catcher initially missed the tag bc she tries to tag her again. Probably a play you want your challenges for but both coaches went YOLO with their challenges 

Posted (edited)

8-6

Govan is the only scary player on the roster for Baylor. I’d probably just start pitching around her 

I remember really wanting her out of SFA

Edited by Js1