Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/354aafe37aa0a42c04081ebbb93de8ee7531422ba721abc3ff758f434c2587ab

Showers/T'Storms forecast for the weekend.   Possibly not enough for cancellation with the most questionable day being Sunday.    Hope the weather does not affect the attendance so the Seniors can be given well deserved recognition on Senior Day.   They were key participants in elevating this program.

(help me out @Js1  Some may have a Covid year or I may have missed someone)

Jordyn Whitaker

Bella Payton

Joley Mitchell

Alyssa Washington

Estelle Czech

Joley is coming back.  

The rest are done - all of them have been honored with their own single Senior Night midweek home game.  Estelle's is tonight Senior Night (so she will start). 

And it is Dayton, not Payton lol 

• Hook 'Em 1

We will miss them. Cap has been great at 2nd this year and at the plate. Estelle has also been huge for us, particularly out of the pen. Her curve against lefties is nasty. Bella’s my girl and now internet famous because of Jomboy. It never really clicked for jordyn after her freshman year unfortunately.  Hitting D1 pitching is no joke. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

We will miss them. Cap has been great at 2nd this year and at the plate. Estelle has also been huge for us, particularly out of the pen. Her curve against lefties is nasty. Bella’s my girl and now internet famous because of Jomboy. It never really clicked for jordyn after her freshman year unfortunately.  Hitting D1 pitching is no joke. 

We will miss them a lot. Bella has that swag that fires up the team. Cap has been rock solid, and I hope Goode is watching every day so she can be back fully 100% healthy next year. Gonna miss Czech a lot, hope we look for an experienced lefty for the bullpen in the portal. 

2 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

What does Nicholls receive that makes a bus ride from Louisiana worth a run-rule loss?  Serious question?

as was previously said, likely it's that they have a weekend series the next few days in San Antonio that makes it worth it

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

What does Nicholls receive that makes a bus ride from Louisiana worth a run-rule loss?  Serious question?

Already were traveling to Incarnate Word this weekend for a conference series, may as well get in a game with Texas, be on TV, have fun in Austin

Looks like 13 players from Texas on the roster. Probably dreamed of playing at McCombs 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Already were traveling to Incarnate Word this weekend for a conference series, may as well get in a game with Texas, be on TV, have fun in Austin

Looks like 13 players from Texas on the roster. Probably dreamed of playing at McCombs 

Probably should have looked at their schedule …

I see 5 games at ICW this weekend and 5 next weekend at Corpus aggy.  At least 13 of their players won’t need visas to stay in Texas that long …

From email    DH 1PM and 4PM Sat

Due to the inclement weather being forecasted for Sunday, Texas Softball will now be playing Sunday's game on Saturday, April 27th at 4:00pm. Tickets for Sunday's game will be honored for the Saturday 4:00pmgame, the stadium will be cleared between games.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

KU gave OKST all they could handle last night - were up 5-0 but lost 6-5

Would be helpful if they take a game off OKST

But as Cat said last night - win out and root for OKST to take just 1 game versus OU and we are co-champs and the #1 seed 

Edited by Js1

I was at OU this week giving a talk.  Their new softball stadium is fucking insane.  As we drove by, I remarked how nice it looked, and my host was like "ah, no . .  . that's the old stadium.  The new one is right up here . . "  What a venue for college softball.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I guess we are giving Iowa State a free out just starting Whitaker at DP. Maybe she just gets the start today and after 1 AB, will get replaced 

Senior Day honor by starting ?

Before they would honor the Seniors pregame during one of the games at the last home series.   Would be introduced with their families,  a video of their highlights shown,  presented a framed jersey and roses.    The opposing team's Seniors also received roses.    Nice ceremony,  sorry it apparently has been discontinued.

Edit.   Just saw opening clip on LHN.   They still do the same.

Edited by torre