2024 Australian Open

Serving up 30 love and 6-5, and Coco misses an easy forehand...  

Damn, costs her Set#1 in a tiebreaker.  Coco fought back so hard from early slow start in Set#1 down 0-2.  

Fuk

Edited by LTtxfan

I admit that haven’t really followed tennis much since last year’s US OPEN, but I really don’t care when a Chinese national makes it to a final. Couldn’t give less of a shit.

Would like to see someone not named “Novak” win this tournament. Probably won’t record it. Will just glance at the scores in the morning. 

1 hour ago, nycHorn said:

I wasn’t able to watch. Was Joker off or just Sinner played great?

I think it was a lot of both. From what I saw Sinner jumped all over him at the start and Novak had no answers. 

I also think Father Time is catching up to Novak. He has to win another one, or two, Slams this season because the younger guys are progressing and he is pulling back towards them. I think I read that Sinner had not yet dropped a set this whole tournament and Novak has had some long matches. 

• Like 1

I think it was a lot of both. From what I saw Sinner jumped all over him at the start and Novak had no answers. 
I also think Father Time is catching up to Novak. He has to win another one, or two, Slams this season because the younger guys are progressing and he is pulling back towards them. I think I read that Sinner had not yet dropped a set this whole tournament and Novak has had some long matches. 

Yeah. Someone on twitter something similar. Dinner played well, but not world-beating but Joker seemed to feel his age.
Can’t believe Medvedev came back from 2 sets down and like a point or so away from losing.

9 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Yeah. Someone on twitter something similar. Dinner played well, but not world-beating but Joker seemed to feel his age.
Can’t believe Medvedev came back from 2 sets down and like a point or so away from losing.

The level of play is incredible.

You really get a sense of how amazing the commitment, training, nutrition, health care, etc that they receive is when you view old-time highlights from the 80s, or so. 

5 hours ago, nycHorn said:

I wasn’t able to watch. Was Joker off or just Sinner played great?

Sinner has been playing amazing the last several weeks/months and is ready for this moment. Djok couldn't handle it which is and isn't surprising. He was missing shots he normally doesn't miss and consistently doing so.

Djokovic was sick earlier in the tournament as well. I mean look he's going to lose a few and win a few on his last hurrah, no doubt age is part of it. He made way to many unforced errors though and that had absolutely nothing to do with Sinner. Sinner was not causing forced errors to that degree, and that was what was so unbelievable about the outcome. Djokovic was hitting the net below the tape on routine shots of all types, that's something else. What Sinner did do was play extremely well when it was his serve, he left no opening for Djokovic and he played to the middle of the court well as Djokovic failed to even start. If Djokovic played without the unforced errors that was a match to the end. Sinner won for sure, but Djokovic also lost it with his unforced errors.

Edited by troph

13 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Her issue was always between her ears.  Her physical tools are spectacular.  She’s fun to watch and I’m happy she seems to have gotten over her slam jitters in a big way.

Djoker becoming mortal gruntles me too.

Fathers Day Time GIF

He's damn near dead he's so old! 😉