101 Most-watched CFB games of 2023

Helobious

101 highest rated games of the season. Michigan played in each of the top 3 games. Contrary to most sports, CFB has actually seen its TV ratings climb in recent years after a long slow downturn. 

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-101-most-watched-games-of-the-2023-college-football-season

Sidenote: I think I overestimated how popular we are:

Appearences by program

11 -- Alabama
10 -- Georgia
9 -- Michigan, Ohio State
8 -- Florida State, Washington
7 -- Colorado, Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

101 highest rated games of the season. Michigan played in each of the top 3 games. Contrary to most sports, CFB has actually seen its TV ratings climb in recent years after a long slow downturn. 

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-101-most-watched-games-of-the-2023-college-football-season

All comes down to competition. I bet that list looks different next year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm guessing we will have a chance to top the 11 Alabama had this year if we go deep in the post-season next year. Texas and UGA are both likely to have all their conference games well watched and to be contenders to play in the CCG and CFP. Even the teams with a bye have a chance to play as many as 3 CFP games starting in '24. Our game against Michigan is likely going to be a top draw. If our conference, Michigan, and post-season games get favorable TV slots, and if we make a run no further (play in CCG, lose in "final four") than we did this year, that would be 12+ "big" games.

We'll do a steady climb up that list in the next few years. Those numbers are the consequences of wandering the desert for more than a decade combined with LHN being impossible to get for many.

Oh, and almost forgot: shitty Midwest opponents nobody cares to watch no matter who they're playing. I guarantee more eyes will be watching us play the Vandys, SCars and Miss States of the world than ever tuned in for Kansas, K-State, Iowa State etc.

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

Tex-Ags-Gold-Tex-Ags-Paprazzi.jpg

1 hour ago, WBT said:

I still don't get how Texas-Alabama didn't do a bigger number

It was the highest ranked ESPN regular season game and games on cable channels tend to get lower ratings.  But yeah it should still have been higher than those numbers 

11 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

It was the highest ranked ESPN regular season game and games on cable channels tend to get lower ratings.  But yeah it should still have been higher than those numbers 

Seems like there was a big game same time slot on ABC or FOX. Could be wrong.

13 hours ago, Not a cat said:

ESPN and TimeWarner/Spectrum were blacked out due negotiations

https://sports.yahoo.com/espn-spectrum-why-alabama-football-110350974.html

• Hook 'Em 1