Post retirement gigs

11 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

She has kicked it around, but says Disney planning is a lot of work, and not sure she wants to spend her idle time doing this

I would estimate my wife put in 60+ hours planning our trip to Disney/Universal.  Everything was meticulously put together, when we handled it to a lady who does it for Disney (for free).  She did get us some additional discounts, etc. but wife did most of the legwork.  None of it was difficult, but it was work for sure. 

Expanding on this; we've been to Disneyworld 3 times in the past 8 years or so.  If anyone has gone, you know what an ordeal it is planning a trip there.  My wife, who's an excellent organizer just casually mentioned how there's a burgeoning service industry just around planning trips for others to Disneyworld.  I was floored when she told me people would pay $1000 or more just to have someone plan a trip for you.  The kicker?  Disney offers this service as well, for free---yet people line up to hand over cash to have a friendly face down the street to do it.  
She's been approached by others to help them plan their family trip, and offered cash---she's not taken anyone up on it yet, but I told her this might be a fun side gig for her.  She has kicked it around, but says Disney planning is a lot of work, and not sure she wants to spend her idle time doing this.  

There’s a lady in my neighborhood that does this for free. I think she gets a bunch of kickbacks from Disney so she can take her family for free every year.

12 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

My wife sells stuff on WhatNot.  I think that's what it's called.  Her niche, so to speak, is Disney and Harry pansy pussy Potter stuff.  She does ok as a hobby; however, those that do it full time probably rake in some cash.

I have found, to my dismay, that it is easy to start as a collectible shop, and end up as a junk store.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 1:00 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Knew a girl in hs, her older sister was shamu fat, a really big chick. Anywho, she got a job driving railroad or rig workers, some group of hard up guys. She started by bringing tacos to sell the guys then it escalated to selling blow jobs. Her company had an anti sex in the company van policy, who knew 

That hot taco sauce from her mouth to their dicks was probably a career killer. 

Also, panhandling under an assumed identity is a good gig.  at least that’s what the Sherlock Holmes story, “The man with the twisted lip” says.

Edited by Gatorubet