Texas (+8) @ BYU- 1pm on ESPN2

shadow_operative

48 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Horns Down narrative is incredibly tiresome and shocker, had nothing to do with Texas today. RT really put his foot in his mouth bringing that up after UCF. 

No one should care. Not Texas fans, not Texas players, not anyone on the BYU side either, or fucking anyone else. It's about the tamest banter you get in sports. I'm so sick of hearing about it in any capacity whether it be posters on this board whining about it or national media personalities pointing it out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

UT has been a laughingstock on sports social media today and it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game. The anti-horns down stuff needs to stop. Who gives a shit if someone does it. 

In fairness though it seems many online think UT asked for those shirts to be removed today. That had to have come from BYU though right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

No one should care. Not Texas fans, not Texas players, not anyone on the BYU side either, or fucking anyone else. It's about the tamest banter you get in sports. I'm so sick of hearing about it in any capacity whether it be posters on this board whining about it or national media personalities pointing it out.

I agree with Coach Sark. Embrace the hate. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, salonghorn said:

I agree with Coach Sark. Embrace the hate. 

The sooner coaches realize this, the better. Embrace being the bad guy. Everyone wants to beat us. Everyone wants to horns down or field/court storm after beating us.  Period. 

Get your teams fucked fired up for that

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

UT has been a laughingstock on sports social media today and it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game. The anti-horns down stuff needs to stop. Who gives a shit if someone does it. 

In fairness though it seems many online think UT asked for those shirts to be removed today. That had to have come from BYU though right?

Yes, it came from BYU. BYU cares a lot about being perceived as being a good host.

I snapped a picture of "the incident" while at the game.

Our students never would have done this if your coach had not made such a big deal about it recently.

IMG_4555.jpeg

2 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

This is an insanely dumb take 

i could have sworn you did your best to avoid me? either way, i wouldn’t expect you to understand why brock cunningham would play much better in a middle-out defense and a painfully slow and methodical offense being led by one of the best coaches in the country than he would playing in a team that likes to push tempo, doesn’t emphasize defense or rebounding, and is being led by a guy who is only fit to be an assistant at this level. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Brock's old man YMCA tricks don't work as well anymore because opponents and refs have figured him out. He gets called for a ton of shit that he didn't used to get called for. He used to get away with all the little pushes and shit that BYU got away with today. Now he gets called for all that. That's him developing a reputation and the refs responding, which is fully independent of who the coach is.

Plus his shot is just off and he shouldn't be taking 6 3s in a game until he gets that fixed. RT letting him shoot last year was actually a smart coaching move. The problem is RT is still letting him shoot despite his shot sucking this year. But RT isn't shooting the shots for him. Again, his shot going cold is fully independent of who the coach is.

If you said "Weaver should have gotten more of those minutes today" I'd agree. "Brock is a worse player due to RT" is just fucking idiotic. He's simply getting called for more and shooting worse. Which are independent of the coach.

Edited by MotownHorn

If your statement was "Brock is not contributing as much and should get fewer minutes" I'm all in.

"Brock is a worse player due to RT" is mind numbingly stupid. RT isn't bricking those shots. Brock is.

Edited by MotownHorn

6 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

If your statement was "Brock is not contributing as much and should get fewer minutes" I'm all in.

"Brock is a worse player due to RT" is mind numbingly stupid. RT isn't bricking those shots. Brock is.

You're not very smart are you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

You're not very smart are you?

What’s the highest degree you’ve earned, my man? 😁

Sorry you couldn’t understand that long post I made with my take on Brock’s recent play. I’ll try to write at a lower grade level next time! 

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Fuck You 1

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

brock cunningham being coached by/playing for chris beard >>> brock cunningham being coached by/playing for rodney terry. 

I mean I'm all on the "RT" ain't it train but I don't know.  Brock is 50 years old, coaching should be less of an issue for him.  He's not getting boards, isn't getting the hustle plays he used to and he is a disaster shooting right now.  

Plenty of reasons that RT isn't the guy but Brock's play isn't one of them IMO.

I do agree his role could be different based on RT's offense/defense but he still isn't playing well.

Edited by dcar00

12 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Brock's old man YMCA tricks don't work as well anymore because opponents and refs have figured him out. He gets called for a ton of shit that he didn't used to get called for. He used to get away with all the little pushes and shit that BYU got away with today. Now he gets called for all that. That's him developing a reputation and the refs responding, which is fully independent of who the coach is.

Plus his shot is just off and he shouldn't be taking 6 3s in a game until he gets that fixed. RT letting him shoot last year was actually a smart coaching move. The problem is RT is still letting him shoot despite his shot sucking this year. But RT isn't shooting the shots for him. Again, his shot going cold is fully independent of who the coach is.

If you said "Weaver should have gotten more of those minutes today" I'd agree. "Brock is a worse player due to RT" is just fucking idiotic. He's simply getting called for more and shooting worse. Which are independent of the coach.

let Brock's season play out, right?

3 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

What’s the highest degree you’ve earned, my man? 😁

Sorry you couldn’t understand that long post I made with my take on Brock’s recent play. I’ll try to write at a lower grade level next time! 

If only degrees made people smart! Brock will soon match you on degrees and you guys can hang out at your faculty lounge at whatever directional university you work at.

14 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

I say if his shot is off that’s up to the coaches to help work that out. If he is getting called for cheap fouls, maybe the coaches should work with him on it.  Every time he gets called for one he looks shocked. We have this thing called video tape and teaching.  Isn’t one of the jobs of a coach to teach, develop and correct mistakes?  I see plenty of instances of players changing their game or correcting things at the direction of coaching staff. 
Look, I get that you have some affinity for RT and want to give him three or four years to figure things out. That’s cool. But, some of us are of a different opinion. I’m not trying to change yours. You aren’t going to change mine. 
The thing is that I really enjoy Texas basketball and I have since 1986. 
I’m old and don’t have the patience of Jobe anymore.  When Sark went 5-7 I knew that his team had no depth, no size on the lines etc.  I could at least see what he was trying to do and that he did not have the pieces to do it.  It was obviously going to take him a few recruiting cycles to get the players he needed. 
Here, I don’t share the same optimism. 

• Hook 'Em 2