Download the free Autograph app and start earning rewards for being a Longhorn fan

Here's another thing, @AutographMeg and @AutographJimmy, in addition to the above:

Use Android's sharing feature. If I'm in another app reading an article on UT sports, I can click the share button and get a list of apps that support whatever it is, e.g. a URL.

So right now I gotta click that button, click "copy URL," switch to Autograph, click plus, paste the URL, then submit.

The way most Android apps would do this is... click share, click Autograph app... then submit.

10 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

It's more like a wall of obscene graffiti. But, hey, you're on it!!

so that's what monkeys fling at walls... now I understand the expression so much better

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting around to exploring the app, and I really like the concept of it. Tons of content that interests me, but holy hell there are so many ads! Pop up ads at the top, pop up ads at the bottom, constant ads embedded in the articles as you scroll down. I understand that's how y'all make money, but gotdamn, it's mildly infuriating. I know there are several apps that block ads on webpages, but is there an in-app adblocker for IOS (specifically one that wasn't developed in China or Russia)? I've tried a few but haven't had any success.

10 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Finally getting around to exploring the app, and I really like the concept of it. Tons of content that interests me, but holy hell there are so many ads! Pop up ads at the top, pop up ads at the bottom, constant ads embedded in the articles as you scroll down. I understand that's how y'all make money, but gotdamn, it's mildly infuriating. I know there are several apps that block ads on webpages, but is there an in-app adblocker for IOS (specifically one that wasn't developed in China or Russia)? I've tried a few but haven't had any success.

I think those are just ads from the webpages the autograph app links to. I don't really notice any ads in the app itself (android)

^^ Fair enough. Yes, they only show when you read an article, but since they open in the app, ad blockers that would work if I opened that same article through a browser don't get blocked. I assume that's because they're now "in-app" ads? Despite owning a tech company, I'm not particularly good with most tech. Apologies if my phrasing or assumptions are dumb. 

On 3/13/2024 at 12:44 AM, Rimbo said:

Here's another thing, @AutographMeg and @AutographJimmy, in addition to the above:

Use Android's sharing feature. If I'm in another app reading an article on UT sports, I can click the share button and get a list of apps that support whatever it is, e.g. a URL.

So right now I gotta click that button, click "copy URL," switch to Autograph, click plus, paste the URL, then submit.

The way most Android apps would do this is... click share, click Autograph app... then submit.

Thank you. Provided this feedback to the team! 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I think those are just ads from the webpages the autograph app links to. I don't really notice any ads in the app itself (android)

Correct, no ads in the app itself! Those ads are pulled in from the content provider's sites. You'll see ads when you read an article. 

Who is going to Ann Arbor this fall?

We are dropping a pair of Texas at Michigan tickets in the app on Thursday, April 18 at 12PM PT for $8, $4 a ticket! To be eligible for the drop, you'll need to download the app & refer a friend successfully (download + sign up) from 04/03 - 04/18 at 11AM CT. If you are already an app user, you just need to refer a friend successfully by 04/18 at 9AM CT. 🙂

The value of this ticket package is $1,200 - Sec 6 Row 20!

https://link.ag.fan/surlyhorns USING SURLYHORNS 

8 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

^^ Fair enough. Yes, they only show when you read an article, but since they open in the app, ad blockers that would work if I opened that same article through a browser don't get blocked. I assume that's because they're now "in-app" ads? Despite owning a tech company, I'm not particularly good with most tech. Apologies if my phrasing or assumptions are dumb. 

@immamac Any suggestions here? I can also just wait until the next time you drunk dial me if my question doesn’t make sense

9 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

basically your ad blockers work in your browser, but when you view a news article website through the autograph app you're essentially using the autograph web browser not your own. Now autograph could potentially add ad blockers to their web browser but I would think any of the sites they're partnering with would not appreciate that because it is taking ad money away from them.

@AutographMeg @AutographJimmy

I'm loving the app, but do have a question about the rewards.

Per the TX/UM tickets.  Walk me through this.  After the referral, it states, 

1. The offer will be available to claim on 4/18/24 between 12:00PM - 12:15PM PT by those who are eligible.  

Does that mean that one must log in and apply for that specific offer during that specific time frame?  i.e. 2:00PM - 2:15PM CST on April 18th?  Then, I'd check my email over the next 2 hours as that would be the only time I could buy the tickets IF I won the drawing part?  

Sorry for such a simple question.  I promise I do have a bit of reading ability.  I just want to ensure I'm understanding this correctly.

• immamac unpinned this topic