What to do in Abilene.

Homesickhorn

I’m here for a week, installing a sound barrier wall for TXDot. It’s been a minute since I’ve been here. I’m parked out by Dyess AFB trying to get a good video of a Bone either taking off or coming in on approach. Saw about 20 of them fly over me today, and now, crickets.

Any bar recommendations? Staying at the Marriott by the mall. And it ain’t hopping.

• Hook 'Em 1

I used to spend a lot of time there for work but it has been quite a few years. Betty Rose’s was decent for BBQ and their banana pudding was very good. Cork & Pig is good. I ate most of my meals at Whataburger though. 

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Like 1

After decades of hunting out between Albany and Abilene, I concur with RMac5 - Perini is legit! One of my favorite restaurants anywhere.

Excellent Tex Mex can be found at Oscar’s Mexican Restaurant near I-20 / 351 intersection.  My buddies who still have their ranch out there said new BBQ place on the way to Buffalo Gap is very good - The Shed Market.

• Like 1

My home town

Not much to do in Abilene but eat and fuck

Perini Ranch is very solid. The Shed BBQ is good but I like Jay’s BBQ better. It’s one block east of Treadway on ES 11th. 

El Monterrey on N 10th is still my mom’s go to for Mexican. Los Arcos on  Ambler is real good when it’s on, but it has been hit or miss lately. 

• Like 1