Snowfall

NWBuck

This is the only show on right now I actually look forward to watching. Cmon reporter lady, you should've gotten the drinks yourself instead of letting the guy who threatened to kill you the last time you saw him. Manboy was a good villian, and it seems he was foreshadowing some shit before Franklin thwarted (props to Einstein) his ass. Jerome might be one of the coolest characters ever, and never thought I'd say: "damn, poor Skully". Wish Teddy would revenge on those fuckers that made his brother snort pure coke for 2 days straight, and Oso turned out to be a loyal badass. Fuckin Alton.  Shit's gonna get even more wild. Reiterate best fuckin show on right now.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

giphy.gif

i saw it, but don't remember much dramatic happening but it's possible i fell asleep.  recap for me please.  i remember some stuff about leon in africa, coming back and finding the hood in disarray, and pretty much everyone's storyline sinking like a rock.  very depressing season so far.  so much excess and living high on the hog up and now everyone is barely holding on.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 3:08 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Fuck it.

The moment Jerome sat down to talk it out with Louie, I knew he was dead. Which sucks because he seemed to be one of the more redeemable characters.

yeah I felt like this whole season was coming down to him dying, It sucks because even though he had his terrible moments him and little Leon are the only two redeeming characters. 

When he said he was going to do the drop for Louie, i thought he was going to get it there. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 3:10 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Y Oso.

yeah forgot about Oso for a second. He and leon need to make it out. Its shaping up poorly for all of them though with Leon getting back in the game and Oso turning on teddy. 

I think Franklin is going to make it out alive, but with no money and absolutely ruining his chance at a family. Louie will probably live now as a broken women.

• Like 1

Not sure if this show is severely underrated or if I just have a bias for movies & shows set in this time period, especially anything to do with the underbelly of the '80s in Cali and Florida. Have always found stuff like the Freeway Ricky/CIA "stories" interesting

• Hook 'Em 2

This show fucks. 

I am looking forward to rewatching it in a bingier format in a year or two. I've always found it a little challenging to get back up to speed at the start of each new season, and I often feel like I've forgotten some important but seemingly minor detail, but I think that's another indication of just how fucking solid this show is - not a criticism at all. 

This show fucks. 
I am looking forward to rewatching it in a bingier format in a year or two. I've always found it a little challenging to get back up to speed at the start of each new season, and I often feel like I've forgotten some important but seemingly minor detail, but I think that's another indication of just how fucking solid this show is - not a criticism at all. 

I thought after John Singleton died the show would lose its voice and focus, but they did him solid. And the acting has been really great.
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Franklin ended up like the junkies he helped create. I figured he would have died or maybe gone to prison but was fine with the way it ended. His fate ended up worse than death, which probably wasn’t too far behind.

He ended up like the person he hated the most when the show started, a drunk, like his Dad. 

• Hook 'Em 2

yeah, not the best ending but totally fine with it, especially with him turning into a drunk.  Not sure what else they could have thrown in outside of him getting killed. The writing team did a good job finishing the last few seasons but I do wonder how much better/different it would have been if Singleton was able to finish it.

14 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I know some folks won’t be happy with the ending, because you just can’t make everyone happy, but I liked how it played out. Really great series. I liked the nod to Boyz n the Hood.

That was a nice touch.

"Y'all ain't gonna win no Oscar!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1