Major League ... Eating

gofuckyourself

Until we finally get a Major League Eating board to discuss the intricacies of that most American of sports -- becoming obese -- I submit this thread.

And to kick it off,  news of the retirement of one of the early legends of disgustingly cramming food down one's throat has sent shockwaves across bellies everywhere.

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/competitive-eater-takeru-kobayashi-announces-retirement-to-focus-on-his-health/

Six-time Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest champion Takeru Kobayashi announced he is officially retiring from competitive eating in order to "live a healthy and long life." Kobayashi expressed his concerns about the damage that highly processed food has caused him in the Netflix film "Hack Your Health - The Secrets of Your Gut."

"For the past 20 years, I have been in this field," he said "I worry about the consequences of my decision, but most importantly, I want to repair my brain and gut."

For those following the riveting and stomach-churning sport, I bring you the current Major League Eating rankings, still led by the GOAT Chestnut.

https://majorleagueeating.com/eaters/

And here's a few of the available records should any of you gluttonous bastards decide to do something useful with your lives, and forge your name into the history books:

https://majorleagueeating.com/records/

Butter
7 quarter-pound sticks, salted butter
5 minutes
Don Lerman

Oysters
47 Dozen Acme Oysters/ Acme Oyster House
8 Minutes/ Jun. 3, 2012
Sonya Thomas

Mayonnaise
4 32-ounce bowls mayonnaise
8 minutes
Oleg Zhornitskiy

SPAM
9.75 pounds of SPAM from the can/ SPAMARAMA at Circuit of the Americas
8 minutes / October 23, 2021
Geoffrey Esper

Cow Brains
57 (17.7 pounds)
15 minutes
Takeru Kobayashi

• Drool 1

If you like this sort of thing, Beard Meats Food is a pretty entertaining YouTube channel that follows a competitive eater as he takes on challenges around the world. He rarely loses.

Just now, futureman said:

you didn’t know I was born in russia?

I thought it was China?  Whenever I see you post, I see this as you.  

image.thumb.png.58c811bdd0faa6b6f50fa182e74be4bf.pngimage.thumb.png.58c811bdd0faa6b6f50fa182e74be4bf.png

One from present & one from future.  

On 5/24/2024 at 10:21 AM, Buzzrock said:

If you like this sort of thing, Beard Meats Food is a pretty entertaining YouTube channel that follows a competitive eater as he takes on challenges around the world. He rarely loses.

I watched a few of his videos, and then Youtube starting prompting me with all of his updates. I watch most of those too. Dont know why, but I do. 

19 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I watched a few of his videos, and then Youtube starting prompting me with all of his updates. I watch most of those too. Dont know why, but I do. 

You enjoy watching people stuff their holes. It’s noble.

• 3 weeks later...

Bird - Magic

Manning - Brady

Ali - Frazier

Finally we get a rematch of the greatest rivalry of them all:

Chestnut - Kobayashi

in what will be a gag-inducing (mostly for the viewers) epic battle on Netflix.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/competitive-eating-legends-joey-chestnut-takeru-kobayashi-face/story?id=111071803

Competitive eating legends Joey Chestnut, Takeru Kobayashi to face off in Labor Day hot dog eating contest