Estes Park Colorado

Hook1997

RMNP is basically all you need to do.  Head up to Bear Lake and then enjoy the many hikes from there.  I can suggest specific hikes based on distant and difficulty you are looking for.  Get to Bear Lake early or you will need to use their Park & Ride.  Trail Ridge Road is a must in RMNP.  There is a cafe/restaurant at the summit if you are there around mealtime.

I liked Seasoned for food.  The Dunraven was pretty good as well.  There are multiple good pizza places.  I haven't eaten anywhere in Estes Park that was bad, but some places are just average.  Go to the visitor's center, tell them what you want and they can suggest something.

I'd be tempted to stay at the Stanley Hotel.  Keep an eye out for the Grady Twins.
https://www.stanleyhotel.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImK_5oJ363AIV2bjACh35wQTAEAAYASAAEgJ4jPD_BwE

We stayed there last year and were very disappointed. The place desperately needs a renovation. The carpeting was fraying and all the furniture was old and shabby.

And then there was just bizarre shit. Like they had room service, but no room service menus in the rooms. And what kind of place doesn’t have stationary in the rooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

We stayed there last year and were very disappointed. The place desperately needs a renovation. The carpeting was fraying and all the furniture was old and shabby.

And then there was just bizarre shit. Like they had room service, but no room service menus in the rooms. And what kind of place doesn’t have stationary in the rooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User name kinda checks out.

Seconded.  Stanley Hotel, as a hotel, is overrated af. No A/C in some rooms kinda shit. Go for the tour and history, imo.

Not a fan of the Estes Park congestion, but RMNP is a jewel.  Go anywhere inside.  See anything.  It's all worth it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Any reason you want to stay in Estes?  I'd go through RMNP and then stay in Grand Lake before moving on to Winter Park and Blackhawk (are you staying in Blackhawk?)

Have 4 days planned in Estes then 1 in Winter Park and was thinking 1 night in Blackhawk, then back to Denver.  The days after Winter Park are flexible. 

Check out You Need Pie in Estes Park. Great pies and the wait staff are all foreign exchange students. Get a National Park pass if you don't already have one. Go early to RMNP and you can avoid the lines a bit. Parking can be a bit of a hassle, but if you go early enough, you can avoid much of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, That Guy said:

This might sound crazy chewy, but there’s more than one ymca of the Rockies. The YMCA in Estes is pretty awesome. Lots of activities on site for the kiddos. Trails that lead into rmnp with a fairly hike to get to a park shuttle. 

We stayed there for a family reunion two years ago.  There were baby birds in our bathroom exhaust fan.  Hotel staff didn't seem to care.  Birds eventually died from the heat of the lamp.  Kids loved the place, though.  It wasn't bad at all.  Food is mass produced for the guests, so we usually ate one meal a day at the YMCA and then tried to get local grub for the other meals.

This might sound crazy chewy, but there’s more than one ymca of the Rockies. The YMCA in Estes is pretty awesome. Lots of activities on site for the kiddos. Trails that lead into rmnp with a fairly hike to get to a park shuttle. 

Is there? I honestly didn't know that. But i also avoid Estes Park like the plague.