Teddy Bridgewater - "He Had A Toothpick Of A Leg to Rebuild"

Wally Pryor

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Dan Cooper knows Teddy Bridgewater's heart like few people do, because Cooper cut open the quarterback's leg on Sept. 8, 2016, when pro football's most stunning comeback began inside a Dallas clinic.

Amputation was no longer a feared possibility, and yet what the surgeon faced that day was something one might see on the set of a sci-fi film.

"It was just a horribly grotesque injury," Cooper said.

The good doctor was talking about the quarterback's left knee, which had exploded without warning nine days earlier while Bridgewater was dropping back to pass, untouched, in a Minnesota Vikings practice.

"It's mangled," Cooper said. "You make the skin incision, and there's nothing there. It's almost like a war wound. Everything is blown."

Great read:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24439421/teddy-bridgewater-surgeon-tells-tale-bigger-trade-bait-2018-nfl-new-york-jets

I don't really follow teams/players very closely other than the Cowboys and Texans.  I knew he had injured his knee but had NO idea how severely.  After reading the article linked above I'm amazed at the progress he's made.  His comeback is a testament to his courage and character.

Edited by SHOOTER12