Missouri St @ Okie St

TexArcher

The OL doesn't look that impressive early IMO and this guy is nowhere near as good a passer as Rudolph.

Yeah I’m not too impressed with Corndog either, floats the ball to the outside and no zip. But he was a 4-year backup for a reason. Gundy has a track record of favoring experience so I tend to be a pessimist on his choices of QB anyways given how long he went with the guys ahead of Weeden and Rudolph.

7 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Yeah I’m not too impressed with Corndog either, floats the ball to the outside and no zip. But he was a 4-year backup for a reason. Gundy has a track record of favoring experience so I tend to be a pessimist on his choices of QB anyways given how long he went with the guys ahead of Weeden and Rudolph.

Gundy's two weaknesses are sticking to older QBs, despite the younger QB's being better, and turning super passive against OU.

That said, having a game manager back there with a set of very good running backs could work.  Maybe they'll work the 50 yard jump balls in later...if we've got another WR who can catch them.    (I always thought Rudolph was a little overrated, due in large part to Washington and other bailing him out a lot.)

Can't complain about the defense so far.  Throwing a shutout with a turnover.

Just now, Monster said:

Almost threw a pick....two downs later, overthrew a wide open streaking receiver.  Might be first game jitters or might be time to see get some reps for the true freshman.

Probably wait until the late 3rd quarter for the backup, Corny looks to need the reps himself...

10 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Probably wait until the late 3rd quarter for the backup, Corny looks to need the reps himself...

I was kidding.  2 or 3 bad throws doesn't mean you're a bad qb.    He threw the ball a lot better on that next series.  

I do want to see what the hype is about on the freshman.  Hopefully we'll get to see the other QB's tonight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monster said:

I was kidding.  2 or 3 bad throws doesn't mean you're a bad qb.    He threw the ball a lot better on that next series.  

I do want to see what the hype is about on the freshman.  Hopefully we'll get to see the other QB's tonight.

I'd expect the backup to toss the ball late in the 3rd...

There was a frame where his elbow was on the ground, his right hand was securely on the nose of the ball and the back end of the ball was still inside his elbow.  Going to win this going away, so it doesn't matter, but that wasn't a fumble.

Edited by Monster

Just now, Homercles said:

Yeah I’m feeling a 2014-type season where we struggle to reach a bowl game...at least with Cornelius at QB

I don’t know why we haven’t seen the Hawaii kid yet. Corndog just isn’t cutting it. They have the offensive fire power if they find a decent QB but the defense seems real bad unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

Sanders is their only chance to win this year.  And the defense Is just not good.  Gonna be a long year if they don't make some changes

You've seen 3 quarters in a game where OSU is winning 45-17.  Not sure how you can extrapolate a 'long year' from that.

Going about like you'd expect it go, really.

edit: 52-17....start of the 4th quarter.  

Edited by Monster

3 minutes ago, ousux said:

I'm know I'm likely way late on this, but fuckin lolz at the giant "NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 1945" displayed on the playing field. Guess okie lite was full of tea sippin draft dodgers that didn't want none of WWII? /aggy

Everyone ranked #1 in every poll should put up banners and plaques.  Voting for a champion is bullshit and should be treated as such.

1 minute ago, ousux said:
4 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:
WWII was over in the fall of '45

So all those players came straight from fighting the Japs to beating all challengers on the FB field? /aggy again

OSU was called Oklahoma Agricultural & Mechanical until 1957...so, you may be ignorant of historic world events, but you got the 'aggy' part right.