Drafting NFL QBs

15 minutes ago, Zavala said:

It's always hard to tell from the outside.

Mahommes would've probably sucked with da Bears as well.

As a Bears fan - I can almost guarantee that Mahomes would have had a shitty rookie year.  He would have been forced to play and would have had John Fox as his HC and Darrell Loggains as his OC.  The Bears had one of the most conservative and predictable offenses in the NFL last year.  Probably the most predictable and conservative offenses of the last decade.

Andy Reid is a wizard - and part of the reason Matt Nagy was hired as Head Coach in Chicago is because of his working for Reid, and the job he did with Alex Smith and Mahomes (though Mahomes only started one game last year).

I have no idea what Trubisky would be like this year if he had the opportunity to sit and learn for a season on an Andy Reid coached team - but I guarantee it would be a hell of a lot better for a QB's development than being forced to play in Chicago's 1950's offense that Trubisky had to play in last year.

Trubisky wasn't my first choice (I wanted Watson), and I'm certainly not convinced that he'll ever amount to anything, but it was always expected that it was going to take him longer than most because of his inexperience - he only started 13 games in college.  

Bears fans are definitely nervous seeing how much success young QB's like Watson and Mahomes are having - but we're used to it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

I have been scouting quarterbacks for the NFL for thirty years, and the one thing I always emphasize is their height. you just can't coach tall.

Dan McGwire was dominant as fuck...LOlz.

There are diminishing returns as to height after you hit 6'5" or so. The list of supertalls is pretty undistinguished:

McGwire, Dan 6' 8"
Patrick, Frank 6' 7"
Gibbs, Sonny 6' 7"
Mitchell, Scott 6' 6"
Navarre, John 6' 6"
Anderson, Derek 6' 6"
Quinn, Jonathan 6' 6"
Blundin, Matt 6' 6"
McClure, Brian 6' 6"
Wilson, Marc 6' 6"
Hamdan, Gibran 6' 6"

Add Brock Osweiler (6'8") and Paxton Lynch (6'7") to the shit list, but also Joe Flacco and Nick Foles to the successes. (Both 6'6") Schaub is also 6'6" and he was both shit and decent.  

Edited by MaybeACoordinator