Kansas @ Tech - 2:30 FS1

Bash Riprock

hard to believe that one team that has not been known for defense in 15+ and one team that has been terrible for 10+ years can have so many take aways for their D

Kansas is playing some "ok" football lately, but I think their coach is probably gone anyway he started getting his team to play decent about a season too late and I think the firing of the OC was pretty much desperation and not close to the real issue (I am thinking there must have been a personality clash there Mecham was used to Patterson at TCU that was hands off on the O and that is not the case with Kansas)

6 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

hard to believe that one team that has not been known for defense in 15+ and one team that has been terrible for 10+ years can have so many take aways for their D

Kansas is playing some "ok" football lately, but I think their coach is probably gone anyway he started getting his team to play decent about a season too late and I think the firing of the OC was pretty much desperation and not close to the real issue (I am thinking there must have been a personality clash there Mecham was used to Patterson at TCU that was hands off on the O and that is not the case with Kansas)

Beaty is notorious for getting the play call in from his OC and changing it. I believe they didn’t agree on who the QB would be this season. Then Beaty has announced every week that the position is still in a battle and has hinted at new QBs each week. He is beyond help. I honestly can’t for the life of me understand why some of you want him at UT once he is fired. The idea that he is a good recruiter is even a farce if you actually look at the talent he recruits relative to the prestige of his employer. 

It also looked like meachem was the natural interim coach and Beaty was potentially going to be fired. Beaty got rid of the only coach who Could naturally lead the team to finish the season. Earned himself more time with that move. 

1 minute ago, Jhawk said:

Beaty is notorious for getting the play call in from his OC and changing it. I believe they didn’t agree on who the QB would be this season. Then Beaty has announced every week that the position is still in a battle and has hinted at new QBs each week. He is beyond help. I honestly can’t for the life of me understand why some of you want him at UT once he is fired. The idea that he is a good recruiter is even a farce if you actually look at the talent he recruits relative to the prestige of his employer. 

It also looked like meachem was the natural interim coach and Beaty was potentially going to be fired. Beaty got rid of the only coach who Could naturally lead the team to finish the season. Earned himself more time with that move. 

damn that is pretty cold if remotely true

I would not be surprised to see Mecham back at tCU next year and I would not be surprised if he is not working with them in some capacity now...and if he is at TCU next year and Beaty is still at Kansas things will probably be really ugly for Kansas in that game

I wonder of the AD at Kansas is looking at Tech this year at all and thinking "just one more year" or if it is all too far gone....I think it is too far gone especially with the AD change plus there seems to be many fewer top programs looking for a coach this year which means Kansas has a good chance to get who they want

11 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Kansas has zero prestige on the football field. I think Mehringer has earned his job this season so we won't be needing Beaty's services. Beaty can recruit and y'all have talent, Pooka Williams can flat out play. Beaty is just a horrible HC.

37 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

Kansas has zero prestige on the football field. I think Mehringer has earned his job this season so we won't be needing Beaty's services. Beaty can recruit and y'all have talent, Pooka Williams can flat out play. Beaty is just a horrible HC.

Beaty has not recruited anyone on the roster that has any talent. All we heard when Beaty was hired is we will recruit Texas with his ties. I believe we have less than 10 Texas players on roster. Tony Hull is the prize of our staff. He made the Louisiana pipeline. He got the commits from the 4 stars. If you look at our roster situation next year we actually might have less scholarship players than when Beaty took over. He doesn’t even have to leave campus to fill a roster. Just call a high school and offer everyone at a position of need. He has done more damage to the roster than what was done. That should preclude him from getting a job in any capacity at any school. He can’t even recruit zero star players to a zero star school. 

40 minutes ago, qwertyu1234 said:

I don't know who's more regarded, Beaty for keeping Bender in the game to start the half or me for watching it even though my Jayhawks losing is a fait accompli. 

This game sucks.  Switched over to Warshington vs CU.

Now it sucks too...

Edited by slorch

15 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I thought that was the BC kid that switched to Wisky? Or he left and then there was one?

Also have a huge 25 senior class leaving.  That's gonna sting.

We have 1 from Lawrence I believe after that kid decomitted. 

The AD also recently clarified the scholarship count going into this season after 2 years of Beaty lying about it. We have like 63 scholarship players. So we will be in the 30s going into the winter. 

Someone come and tell me how Beaty is a good recruiter again. He and our previous AD have completely destroyed KU football.