Fuck jerryworld

Rockethorn1978

On 12/2/2018 at 9:59 AM, kopp0e said:

I am sure the SEC, will not take to that suggestion, that stadium looked insane on tv yesterday:

AR-170919829.jpg

Yeah, in a way you can’t imagine. Know your route, there are some one way streets that will put you in tough neighborhoods if you get stuck on one. I-20 borders the back and there is no easy access to a ramp in which to catch it. If you miss the first turn off you will be forced to drive laterally. You will not like the scenery. And there is zero police presence away from the dome.

One walk around the place will tell you all you need to know about conceal carry. And always walk in groups to and from your car.  Lots of panhandling going on, from all types. Those that ask and move on, no problem. Unfortunately there are also those that use the intimidation method. Most mean no harm, they just know it makes people uncomfortable and will throw em some cash.

Once near the actual facility there is enough of a police presence to go about your business in relative safety. 

Like many such facilities they have a good way of keeping bad news out of the press. And never ending construction. Just because a street is open today doesn’t mean shit tomorrow. 

On 12/2/2018 at 7:53 AM, Extra Anejo said:

The neutral site games need to stop even for CCG games. Play the fucking games at college stadiums where college football is supposed to be played. And, fuck Jerry Jones.

Totally agree.  JerryWorld sucks for college games which deserve a different atmosphere than a pro game.  The place is so cavernous, the action seems so far away from the seats that a true home field advantage is pretty impossible.  Plus, you end up looking at that damn monstrosity of a video board the whole time -- why not just stay home if you're gonna watch the whole game on TV anyway.

Saturday was my first game at Jerruh world. I can say that the concourses are nice, but that’s about it. Atmosphere is so weird in that stadium. $26 for my girlfriend’s vodka cranberry. I thought getting a sponsor was supposed to bring down prices? I was in the upper deck above the UT band and it was still hard to hear them. And the traffic is so stupid getting out.

I don’t think I’ll be coming back next year when UT is in the 2019 CCG. 

6 hours ago, Bernard said:

Maybe you did go in the wrong gate. We parked across the street in some used car/RV dealership. $40. At 10:00 AM. Ran into some friends tailgating in the parking lot. Stopped for a beer. Started walking to stadium about 10:10 AM. Looked at the game countdown clock upon entering the stadium. It read 45:00 until kickoff. Bought a beer. Took a piss. Arrived at our 300-level seats with 35:00 on the clock.

Bernard

Bold explains it. Club level seats had their own gates with way shorter lines. They did not have the entrances for the rest of us peasants fully opened/staffed. I agree, I should stop being so poor. Even if I fix that for myself it is still a logistical nightmare for the majority of attendees though. Once we were in it was fine, actually quite quick given the ground we had to cover. Went ahead and bought beer because making kick was a lost cause and it was fast. But we didn't get in the stadium until a little after 11. Total joke.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering (haven't been back since 2009) but I believe you are actually unable to circumnavigate the stadium unless you're in the 400 level. The 100-300 levels all have the club areas actually which are closed off from the rest of the stadium. Try to imagine how stupid Texas and OU would look split down the 50 with 4 chunks missing because Jerry wanted the club levels broken off from the rest of the stadium. 

Edited by mdmost

31 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Bold explains it. Club level seats had their own gates with way shorter lines. They did not have the entrances for the rest of us peasants fully opened/staffed. I agree, I should stop being so poor. Even if I fix that for myself it is still a logistical nightmare for the majority of attendees though. Once we were in it was fine, actually quite quick given the ground we had to cover. Went ahead and bought beer because making kick was a lost cause and it was fast. But we didn't get in the stadium until a little after 11. Total joke.

Nope. We didn’t go in any special entrance. We crossed Collins Street at Cowboy Way about 10:15 AM. We saw a huge clusterfuck of a line trying to enter that area with the big tent thingy outside the stadium. Veered left and walked around to the next stadium entrance which had exactly zero wait at all. 

None of this changes that fact that JerryWorld is the absolute worst place in the world to watch a football game. 

Bernard