Fuck jerryworld

Rockethorn1978

I said in another thread it was an  "antiseptic" atmosphere.  Now you know what I meant.

Actually I thought about it, and Jerry's White Turd is like a gigantic doctor's office waiting room.  All it lacks is the greasy, dirty, 2 year old magazines on the tables.

Edited by phdhorn

My free tix on the 50 in the 200 level fell through earlier in the week... I wasn't even mad. Only event I'll ever pay for there is UIL champ day. I even park a mile away in a neighborhood for free and uber to the stadium. To hell with everything that is that stadium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extra Anejo said:

The neutral site games need to stop even for CCG games. Play the fucking games at college stadiums where college football is supposed to be played. And, fuck Jerry Jones.

I am sure the SEC, will not take to that suggestion, that stadium looked insane on tv yesterday:

AR-170919829.jpg

I assume the take from the championship game gets split amongst the 10 teams otherwise we could talk them into rotating the game through the various stadiums in the conference. Like the pros, you would know that this year's championship game is in Kansas or Iowa or Austin. Let each school get to play host. It would always be in a college stadium (albeit sometimes a freezing ass cold one). I'm betting the folks in Iowa wouldn't charge me $73 to park, and even with fewer seats, Pretty sure they wouldn't charge me $30 for two really bad BBQ sandwiches either.

When I retire, wife has mentioned going to every game and not just home + OU, I'm thinking that's a plan.

Jerry world is comfy, it's about a half hour from my house. Modern facility with plenty of bathrooms and egress from the stadium itself is pretty easy. That's about as kind as I can be. The traffic in and out is bad, and the in-game experience is not college-friendly. Let's email the Big XII and Mr. Del Conte (he will call you back) and suggest rotating between the schools. Anybody with me?

12 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Stillwater is a disgrace. Someone is going to get crippled crashing into the stands one day because they are basically hugging the sidelines.

Or blinded by looking into the sun because those geniuses built the stadium running East-West. I've always wondered why they didn't fix that when T Boone spent eleventy billion dollars fixing the place up.

13 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
13 hours ago, longhornmatt said:
1.  That’s what happens when you inexplicably build the stadiums for Dallas pro sports teams in Arlington next to strip malls and Six Flags.
2. I like Six Flags, the Cowboys and the Rangers, but let’s be honest, WalMart is a pretty appropriate avatar for the crowds those venues attract.

The Cowboys haven't been a Dallas team since 1972.

Cowboy games in the Cotton Bowl were great. The same (sterile) was said about Texas Stadium when it opened.

Technically, it is. Why they have a WalMart in such close proximity to Jerryworld, Six Flags, and the Rangers’ stadium(s) I have no idea.
Walmart was there before the stadium.

And technically, the stadium is on front/side of the Walmart parking lot...

Thus, we still need a field behind a walmart

It's not as high profile as Jerry World but you have the same deal in Houston with Reliant / NRG whatever. Meanwhile Rice Stadium is just sitting there about four miles away. It's extremely well-designed, open-air, once hosted a Super Bowl, and in Houston's prettiest neighborhood, and adjacent to another one where there is a ton of bars and restaurants.
Fucking NRG is a space ship in the middle of a parking prairie. You can't walk to shit except for chain restaurants for the most part. And yet that is the neutral site of choice whenever big-time programs play in Houston. It sucks -- it's worse than the Astrodome was, and for CFB the Dome sucked. 
You can't walk to shit except for chain restaurants for the most part.

Wat?

But there's a walmart and an excellent place that serves the food of the gods within walking distance.

4 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

You can't walk to shit except for chain restaurants for the most part.

Wat?

But there's a walmart and an excellent place that serves the food of the gods within walking distance.

You talking about Cap'n Benny's? That is the one exception. My family has loved it for four generations. 

2 hours ago, Extra Anejo said:

The neutral site games need to stop even for CCG games. Play the fucking games at college stadiums where college football is supposed to be played. And, fuck Jerry Jones.

Get used to it. And it's spread to college basketball. All these Final 4's are now at these massive spaceship stadiums. A sport that belongs in a 20-25k arena is now being placed in these football stadiums where the depth perception even on tv is way off. It's pathetic and does not even resemble basketball in any form. Basketball is not meant to be watched from as high up as these football stadiums go up. But the NCAA is whoring themselves out for the money. 

Went, almost felt as raped by the prices as by the refs.  The jumbo screen didn't really bother me.  I could look up and see replays when I wanted but it didn't get in my way watching the game.

Soulless compared to the cotton bowl for sure.  This is the wave of corporate college sports so I am sad.

Went, almost felt as raped by the prices as by the refs.  The jumbo screen didn't really bother me.  I could look up and see replays when I wanted but it didn't get in my way watching the game.
Soulless compared to the cotton bowl for sure.  This is the wave of corporate college sports so I am sad.

The screen isn't an issue if you are in the first 2 levels. But in the 3 and 400s, it's a huge issue. Your eyes are going to naturally stare at this 80 yard fucking screen and you don't actually watch the game on the field.

But you might as well stay home if all you can get or afford is the 400 level. Those are terrible seats.

3 hours ago, bluto said:

My free tix on the 50 in the 200 level fell through earlier in the week... I wasn't even mad. Only event I'll ever pay for there is UIL champ day. I even park a mile away in a neighborhood for free and uber to the stadium. To hell with everything that is that stadium.

We had tix in 2009 on that 50 yard line level right beneath Herbstreit and Musburger.  It was the biggest let down in terms of expectations atmosphere wise I have ever experienced.  Felt like watching a tennis match in a box at Wimbledon/like watching paint dry or water boil.  Just meh X 10.

15 hours ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

I've toured the Star, and if Jerryworld had been located in an area like that, it would have been much better.  Not sure if that would work with all the parking needed though.

Agreed. The Star and Frisco have 1000x more game-day atmosphere and things to do than that shithole where JerryWorld is.

5 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I assume the take from the championship game gets split amongst the 10 teams otherwise we could talk them into rotating the game through the various stadiums in the conference. Like the pros, you would know that this year's championship game is in Kansas or Iowa or Austin. Let each school get to play host. It would always be in a college stadium (albeit sometimes a freezing ass cold one). I'm betting the folks in Iowa wouldn't charge me $73 to park, and even with fewer seats, Pretty sure they wouldn't charge me $30 for two really bad BBQ sandwiches either.

When I retire, wife has mentioned going to every game and not just home + OU, I'm thinking that's a plan.

Jerry world is comfy, it's about a half hour from my house. Modern facility with plenty of bathrooms and egress from the stadium itself is pretty easy. That's about as kind as I can be. The traffic in and out is bad, and the in-game experience is not college-friendly. Let's email the Big XII and Mr. Del Conte (he will call you back) and suggest rotating between the schools. Anybody with me?

Is my sarcasm meter broken or are you regarded?

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Get used to it. And it's spread to college basketball. All these Final 4's are now at these massive spaceship stadiums. A sport that belongs in a 20-25k arena is now being placed in these football stadiums where the depth perception even on tv is way off. It's pathetic and does not even resemble basketball in any form. Basketball is not meant to be watched from as high up as these football stadiums go up. But the NCAA is whoring themselves out for the money. 

Indeed.  While a good location, the Alamodome is and has always been a shitty basketball venue.  I recall seeing the Spurs there right after they moved from the Hemisphere and maybe after the second or thrid game,  I said enough of this shit and wanted them to move back.  Even on the lower level, you felt a mile away from the game action.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The screen isn't an issue if you are in the first 2 levels. But in the 3 and 400s, it's a huge issue. Your eyes are going to naturally stare at this 80 yard fucking screen and you don't actually watch the game on the field.

But you might as well stay home if all you can get or afford is the 400 level. Those are terrible seats.

This is correct.  We were in the second level and screen was not an issue.  Also, one of the guys next to me broke a seat and winged it onto the field, or close to it anyway.  Don't think it hit anyone luckily, but man, he was not happy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is correct.  We were in the second level and screen was not an issue.  Also, one of the guys next to me broke a seat and winged it onto the field, or close to it anyway.  Don't think it hit anyone luckily, but man, he was not happy.

Sure... sure... it was "one of the guys next to" you... riiiiiggghhhttttt... 

20 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Saw someone toss a beer after one of the dozens of bullshit calls.   Thought that was funny.    Another aspect is this game probably needs to stay at 11 with the mixed seating.  Numerous almost fights after the game as fat, ugly, trash Sooner fans were taunting with horns down.  I heard there were several fights outside stadium.   Can't imagine if the game would have been an 8PM Start.

Edited by Skipper

On 12/1/2018 at 4:06 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah the allure of that stadium is way gone. It's been around about a decade now. Everything is done there now. In all sports. College football is all about the tradition and pageantry. Each stadium is unique and delivers an experience you don't get at NFL stadiums. Aggy/Arky and Tech/BU playing there is fucking retarded. Giving up home games to play at that sterile shithole makes no sense. But it's all about the money so then again it does make sense (just not from a fan's perspective).

All these neutral site games are ruining college football. Playing in baseball stadiums and hell, they even played at a fucking Nascar track. They are whoring themselves out and stripping away what makes college football great all for the almighty dollar.

Serious question to the board:

Why does playing at the shithole make more money for the teams than a home and home arrangement?

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

Serious question to the board:

Why does playing at the shithole make more money for the teams than a home and home arrangement?

I asked this before and many told me the revenue from the suites. Jerry World has many more to offer than the Cotton Bowl. Also, do the teams get revenue from parking? I would bet that would be more expensive at Jerry World than Cotton Bowl. 

Another reason I can see is that they don't want their conference championship outside in the elements and how the ACC game has looked at times. They want the controlled environment. Not sure how appealing a game played in a downpour in the cold weather would be.

But there is never going to be a clause for Texas/OU to be at Cotton Bowl and any other combination be at another stadium. It's never moving from Jerry World unfortunately. Which sucks.

On 12/2/2018 at 10:24 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Who the fuck would shell out money for SRO tickets? Sounds dumb as fuck. Especially then dealing with everything you have to at that stadium.

No shit.  Go to a bar w half nude (or all nude) servers.  Watch the game, spend less and don’t deal w all the BS.  Profit.  

• Like 2

On 12/2/2018 at 10:24 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Who the fuck would shell out money for SRO tickets? Sounds dumb as fuck. Especially then dealing with everything you have to at that stadium.

SRO does suck. Only time I ever do that is when someone gives a free ticket for that stadium. Tickets were not expensive if you waited. Row 6 (I think) in Sec 450 and got it for 35 dollars. 

Edited by Zepol87

JerryWorld is what you get when your design criteria is all about maximizing non-shareable revenue in accordance with the NFL’s revenue sharing agreement. That’s what the stadium is designed for. In this respect, it’s awesome (for Jerry’s bottom line). Creating an environment for fans to watch a live football game, was way, way, way down the list of priorities. 

Bernard

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 9:54 PM, gmr548 said:

Fucking this. It took forever to get in and out of there. It is a traffic death trap and there will never be rail out there. The lines getting into the stadium were also a total mess. We were in line at 10:15 and missed kick. And no, we didn't go to the wrong gate.

Maybe you did go in the wrong gate. We parked across the street in some used car/RV dealership. $40. At 10:00 AM. Ran into some friends tailgating in the parking lot. Stopped for a beer. Started walking to stadium about 10:10 AM. Looked at the game countdown clock upon entering the stadium. It read 45:00 until kickoff. Bought a beer. Took a piss. Arrived at our 300-level seats with 35:00 on the clock.

Bernard

On 12/1/2018 at 4:50 PM, Longboard Horn said:

Fuck Jerry world. That attention whore overpriced food, parking, seats and charges at minimum $100 for standing room only tickets. Fuck him and his stadium. I will never give money to him

I know that Jerry world is at the top of the whore pricing list, but aren't games pretty much anywhere either P 5 or pro games pretty outrageous anymore?

I know I only attended a couple games as a young man and figured I'd wait till I was older and had more discretionary money to swing around, but I just refuse to do it some of these places are so outrageous. Main thing on my bucket list is to attend at least one more Longhorn game at DKR. Still don't have any interest in the Pro game.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:19 PM, Zavala said:

Yup, it's the only football field in the Milky Way that's oriented East/west - looking into the sun - instead of North/south.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:19 PM, Zavala said:

Yup, it's the only football field in the Milky Way that's oriented East/west - looking into the sun - instead of North/south.

I wondered about that. I know when I played in high school and went to several college games that all the games I have tended to face North and South and was curious if it still was that way. Apparently everywhere but Jerry world I guess, how freaking stupid.

• Like 1

Just now, SHOOTER12 said:

I wondered about that. I know when I played in high school and went to several college games that all the games I have tended to face North and South and was curious if it still was that way. Apparently everywhere but Jerry world I guess, how freaking stupid.

I think Stillwater runs east/west.