2019 Top 11 Per Vegas Odds

joeycovers

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

So they are saying Corn will be able to beat out Northwestern and Wisconsin?  Plus they have crossovers against Penn State and Ohio State.

Ok Vegas.. Whatever

Protection from the Big Red Cult money that will be pouring in after how they finished. 

6 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

So they are saying Corn will be able to beat out Northwestern and Wisconsin?  Plus they have crossovers against Penn State and Ohio State.

Ok Vegas.. Whatever

I've got their East opponents as Indiana, Maryland and OSU for next year.  Looks like a minimum of 3 losses to me also but what do I know?

Nebraska is being picked up there for two reasons. One is the schedule. They play two road games against teams that made bowls in 2018: Minnesota, which they beat by 25 points, and Purdue, who was last seen picking shards of bowl-trophy glass out of its collective rectum after Auburn buttfucked them into oblivion. So that's favorable at least. They also host Ohio State, which is a booby prize of sorts given that Ohio State's the only Big Ten school with non-Big Ten talent, but Nebraska did play them extremely close in Columbus this year.

The other reason is, they were better the second half of 2018. But that's at least partly because they could not possibly have been worse, so overall, I think that this is a huge reach, maybe people trying to guess the next "Year 2 Wonder" (a la Stoops/Tressel/Meyer) and figuring Frost is going to work a fucking miracle next year.

If you really wanted to be clever and take a shot at Texas' chances in 2019, instead of saying HURRRRRR I GUESS TEY DONOT PLAY TEH MARYALDN!!! you'd say something more like "given what's happened to them against BYU/Ole Miss/Cal/Maryland, they better focus on beating Louisiana Tech!" which doesn't exactly make sense either but if you're tempted to say I GUESS MARYLAND NOT ON SCEDULES?, sense is not your ally

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

seems like the best place to post this without starting a new thread:

Klatt needs to tone down the UT dicksucking a little bit. I mean it's nice to have him in our corner but he's basically a fucking T-shirt fan at this point.

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Klatt needs to tone down the UT dicksucking a little bit. I mean it's nice to have him in our corner but he's basically a fucking T-shirt fan at this point.

Klatt went positive on Texas last year when the team was hovering around .500.  Joel saw much better days coming when much of our fan base did not.  Doesn't seem fair to characterize him as a t-shirt fan.  #3 seems kinda high to me but not ridiculous.  Look at the 6 teams Vegas has in front of us.

1 and 2 are totally legit.  No argument.  #3a Ohio State - maybe, maybe not.  I like our continuity at QB and coaching staff.  #3b Georgia - not the better team unless they upgrade their schemes and play calling on both sides of the ball.  #5 Michigan - please; what have they done to deserve the spot?  #6 OU - nope; Sooners lose a ton from a team that split with Texas this year.

22 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Klatt went positive on Texas last year when the team was hovering around .500.  Joel saw much better days coming when much of our fan base did not.  Doesn't seem fair to characterize him as a t-shirt fan.  #3 seems kinda high to me but not ridiculous.  Look at the 6 teams Vegas has in front of us.

1 and 2 are totally legit.  No argument.  #3a Ohio State - maybe, maybe not.  I like our continuity at QB and coaching staff.  #3b Georgia - not the better team unless they upgrade their schemes and play calling on both sides of the ball.  #5 Michigan - please; what have they done to deserve the spot?  #6 OU - nope; Sooners lose a ton from a team that split with Texas this year.

So him tweeting Ok Cool, Hook Em! isn't being any sort of a Texas fan? He definitely roots for Texas. He has been talking about Texas all season long wanting the SEC to be dethroned in the process. And it's beyond some defense of the B12 - he doesn't talk about any other B12 teams the way he glosses about Texas. 

I think Klatt is great but like I said he needs to tone it down. The last thing he wants to do is go full Herbstreit with a blatant agenda. 

And to your other point, I think #3 is an absurd preseason ranking for this team. We have a lot to figure out in the offseason and lost 4 games this season. 

Edited by ztejas

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So him tweeting Ok Cool, Hook Em! isn't being any sort of a Texas fan? He definitely roots for Texas. He has been talking about Texas all season long wanting the SEC to be dethroned in the process. And it's beyond some defense of the B12 - he doesn't talk about any other B12 teams the way he glosses about Texas. 

I think Klatt is great but like I said he needs to tone it down. The last thing he wants to do is go full Herbstreit with a blatant agenda. 

And to your other point, I think #3 is an absurd preseason ranking for this team. We have a lot to figure out in the offseason and lost 4 games this season. 

Klatt is clearly a fan.  He likes the toughness and work ethic of Herman's culture.  Nothing wrong with that.  I only objected to the t-shirt fan comment.  Usually implies some sort of ignorant, front-runner.  Klatt's man love for Texas is based on rational factors.

For the other I think Texas looks like the 5th or 6th best team heading into next year.  So #3 is defensible but high.  Other than #1 and #2, which teams are clearly better than the Longhorns at this point?  It's also defensible to give OU, OSU, UGa and ND the nod over Texas but I think that's too much.

4 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Klatt is clearly a fan.  He likes the toughness and work ethic of Herman's culture.  Nothing wrong with that.  I only objected to the t-shirt fan comment.  Usually implies some sort of ignorant, front-runner.  Klatt's man love for Texas is based on rational factors.

For the other I think Texas looks like the 5th or 6th best team heading into next year.  So #3 is defensible but high.  Other than #1 and #2, which teams are clearly better than the Longhorns at this point?  It's also defensible to give OU, OSU, UGa and ND the nod over Texas but I think that's too much.

Fair. I know that term means different things to different folks. 

I agree that past 1 and 2 it's messy. I think, were I to rank the top 10 (and feel free to put me on blast) I'd go something like:

1. Clemson

2. Bama

3. tOSU

4. Domers

5-6. Texas and Florida

7-8. OU and Georgia 

9. Best team in the dogshit PAC

10. Michigan or LSU or some such

The one thing I will stand by regardless is Texas over OU. I see zero reason to think OU will be better next season. They have many more questions to answer than Texas does.

Also yeah three is too high. Hard to argue us over Ohio State. Controversial opinion - I'd honestly put UGA ahead for next year too. They return a lot and we are losing a number of key players from the Sugar Bowl win. I think you can make a really good argument for Texas at 5 though. Right there with OU and ND.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Also yeah three is too high. Hard to argue us over Ohio State. Controversial opinion - I'd honestly put UGA ahead for next year too. They return a lot and we are losing a number of key players from the Sugar Bowl win. I think you can make a really good argument for Texas at 5 though. Right there with OU and ND.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I feel like UGA is going to have a weird, step-back, ask for directions at some point type of season. 

I think the Bama and Sugar Bowl losses are going to stink up the locker room more than they will motivate.

I mean... at the end of the day it's just fucking Georgia. They are the Michigan of the South.

32 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I live in Denver and Klatt is on local radio often.  You know who he loves alot?  Lincoln Riley.  Speaks glowingly about him and thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Says he's organized, brilliant and that the Broncos should call him.

Maybe Klatt just sees a great trajectory.  Keep in mind Herman took over a program that lost to Kansas and has turned it into a ten win team, with a couple of questionable losses.  

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fair. I know that term means different things to different folks. 

I agree that past 1 and 2 it's messy. I think, were I to rank the top 10 (and feel free to put me on blast) I'd go something like:

1. Clemson

2. Bama

3. tOSU

4. Domers

5-6. Texas and Florida

7-8. OU and Georgia 

9. Best team in the dogshit PAC

10. Michigan or LSU or some such

The one thing I will stand by regardless is Texas over OU. I see zero reason to think OU will be better next season. They have many more questions to answer than Texas does.

Sounds like we're basically on the same page.  Michigan is a tough team to figure out.  They looked really good at 10-1 then just utter collapse.  Will the real Slim Shady please stand up???

4 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Though unlikely, what if Kyler comes back next year?

If Kyler comes back I hope he tears both ACLs and never plays another sport in his life because that would be the stupidest fucking decision I've ever seen.

If he does, that just shows you how hilariously desparate OU is for a chance to win the title.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...