I Am the Night

RPM

• 2 weeks later...

I recorded the "sneak preview" last night that I believe was just the first episode.  It seems interesting enough plus I like Chris Pine, so I'm in.  I was thrown off a bit because I had heard "Black Dahlia" in the preview and thought that the show was going to be about that murder.  Haven't read up on the true story aspect of it yet, but I guess it may theoretically be related, or at least it sounds like that's a theory floated in the show.

I watched a preview interview and I don't think the story is about the Black Dahlia per se, but is one of the stories that were somehow involved peripherally.

Just looked it up, Black Dahlia case was in 1947. This takes place in the 60's. 

Edited by RPM

They covered a lot of groundwork in the first episode. Now we enter into the tasty bits. I hope you're right.

One thing that bothered me and I know I'm being picky because it's made for TV, was the low budget production values. They used a freaking city bus with Park & Ride on the destination sign and some Greyhound stickers slapped on the side instead of a reasonably correct one. They aren't scarce. That's just being lazy. I expected more.

17 hours ago, RPM said:

I watched a preview interview and I don't think the story is about the Black Dahlia per se, but is one of the stories that were somehow involved peripherally.

Just looked it up, Black Dahlia case was in 1947. This takes place in the 60's. 

George Hodel’s son wrote a book about his dad being TBD killer as well as some sex pervert-master-etc. I’m guessing that’s the tie-in ... the “black” chick somehow connects the stories. ?!?

• 2 weeks later...