Vacation Help

Aces_Full

Need vacation ideas for the middle of June.  Family of 4, kids are 8 & 10.  Leaving from Beaumont, TX area for approx 5 days.  We have done Central Texas area many times over & the Frio.  Looking to try a new destination, preferably one we can drive to.  

Any ideas for a family vacation?  Kinda interested in leaving the state & visiting new places.  

13 minutes ago, Aces_Full said:

Ozarks sounds interesting.  Love outdoor activities and landscapes.  Any suggestions on where to stay and what to do around Hot Springs?  

What's your general MO when it comes to vacations?  Are you looking for a big, clean family-friendly resort, something more rustic, actual camping, ???

Well, would like to maybe stay in a family friendly resort for a couple nights, then something more rustic and in or near the mountains/lake for a couple nights (like a cabin).  Kinda get the best of both worlds.  Saw there is a water park in town of Hot Springs, so maybe 2 days in town and 2/3 days out of town in in the woods/lake area.  

I guess looking for more of the recommendations for the wilderness part, and things to do outside the city limits.  

I wouldn't know what to do in New Orleans with kids in tow.  Can think of plenty to do without them.  Gulf Shores could possibly work, but we went to 30A area around Destin last year.  Gonna be hard to top those beaches and water.  Was looking more in land I guess.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aces_Full said:

I wouldn't know what to do in New Orleans with kids in tow.  Can think of plenty to do without them.  Gulf Shores could possibly work, but we went to 30A area around Destin last year.  Gonna be hard to top those beaches and water.  Was looking more in land I guess.  

I didn't either but looked at it with my kids and there seemed to be quite a bit to do and my kids are not really outdoors.  12 and 9. They'd go to NYC every vacation if they had the choice.

The lakes in northern AR and southern MO are a ton of fun.  You can't really go wrong, unless you get to Branson, which is exactly the last place I would take my family.

There are also a bunch of beautiful spring-fed trout parks and fisheries.  Not that you'd necessarily fish, but they're fun to visit. 

I'll ask around about the best spots for cabin rentals.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  I'm also a family of four but my kids are 10 and 7.  We've done Destin.  Ozarks sound fun.  The wife went when she was a kid and loved it.  We try La Torreta in Conroe.  The kids love swimming at night.  I don't know why.

Again thanks for the responses.

5 minutes ago, Snotrocket said:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  I'm also a family of four but my kids are 10 and 7.  We've done Destin.  Ozarks sound fun.  The wife went when she was a kid and loved it.  We try La Torreta in Conroe.  The kids love swimming at night.  I don't know why.

Again thanks for the responses.

Southern cape of Africa is great for night swimming. 

On 2/20/2019 at 3:22 PM, Aces_Full said:

Thanks for the suggestions, and thanks in advance jimmyjazz. 

My buddy didn't have any specific rental recs, but he did suggest far NW Arkansas (Pea Ridge battlefield).  Also recommended Lake Taneycomo and Bull Shoals Lake, but that's probably in part because he's an avid fisherman.