2020 Ryder Cup

smwhorn

So who does Europe need to sit for both Saturday sessions ??

Westbrook, Fitzpatrick, and possibly Lowry??

Only play Poulter, and Casey in morning session.  Sergio needs to play twice tomorrow. 

Give Rory different stronger partners than he played with today in both Saturday sessions.  

Edited by LTtxfan

Europe players having a few incidents with fans today.  Rory's wife had something happen.  Some fan yelled at Rahm "You Suck" during an interview.  Some fan with "fake cough" during Hovland's backswing on birdie putt attempt on 18th hole.   

Edited by LTtxfan

47 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So who does Europe need to sit for both Saturday sessions ??  Maybe Westbrook, Fitzpatrick, and possibly Lowry??  Only play Poulter, and Casey in morning session.  Sergio needs to play twice tomorrow. Give Rory different stronger partners than he played with today in both Saturday sessions.  

• Europe sitting Rory in Foursomes... Smart move
  • Westbrook/Fitzpatrick Foursomes... probably a dumb move
  • No Poulter in Foursomes -- probably smart as well

FAF3nDzWEAApX7G?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'd be thrilled if the US came out of that with a 2- 2 split

• Koepka/Berger vs Rahm/Garcia could be fun match.
  • DJ/Morikawa needs to beat Casey/Hatton
  • Thomas/Spieth vs Hovland/Wiesberger will be a battle
  • Cantlay/Xander needs to put Westbrook/Fitzpatrick  away early
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

no finau and play berger? why not Finau with Koepka or Spieth? dude is young and on fire. 

May be protecting Morikawa's back and Koepka's wrist by only playing them in Foursomes.  Gotta believe Stricker trying to keep Koepka's mood positive by pairing again with Berger.  

It is a shame there's not another good Foursomes partner for Finau though...

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

no finau and play berger? why not Finau with Koepka or Spieth? dude is young and on fire. 

This has to be to placate JT, who is now the big vocal leader and heart of the team. Even though there are better players.

JT better sit tomorrow afternoon. 

Only playing Finau 3 times is criminal.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

This has to be to placate JT, who is now the big vocal leader and heart of the team. Even though there are better players.

I'm not sure if it is a ball issue for not playing Finau in foursomes but berger was looking like the moment was too big.

JT and Spieth need to win their point.

Just now, Jive Turkey said:

If morning session goes 2-2 or better for USA, agree that JT should probably sit in Fourball on Saturday.

So Fourball Saturday, two USA pairs probably already set:

• Finau/English
  • Bryson/Scottie

Hope Stricker has a good plan for the other two afternoon pairs

Just now, LTtxfan said:

If morning session goes 2-2 or better for USA, agree that JT should probably sit in Fourball on Saturday.

So Fourball Saturday, two USA pairs probably already set:

• Finau/English
  • Bryson/Scottie

Hope Stricker has a good plan for the other two afternoon pairs

its got to be some combo of morikawa, spieth, xander, cantlay.  I just hope xander and cantlay don't run out of gas.

Just now, Hate said:

Stricker should have stuck with Finau.  He was nails today.  All in all though, we should all be pretty damn happy up 6-2 after Friday. 

agreed.  he has the benefit of the doubt for me. It just looked like Finau was the hottest guy out there today so find a way to play him.  what ball does finau play?

39 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

The thrill is gone?

Doesn't mean anything until we win over there.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Europe players having a few incidents with fans today.  Rory's wife had something happen.  Some fan yelled at Rahm "You Suck" during an interview.  Some fan with "fake cough" during Hovland's backswing on birdie putt attempt on 18th hole.   

Good. Who gives a fuck. Welcome to Wisconsin. 

31 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'd be thrilled if the US came out of that with a 2- 2 split

2-2 would be disappointing. We should be favored in 3 of those easily. 

11 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Rory being sat shows Harrington is out of his depth. 

Nah - their whole team is out of their depth. If Rory can't win points they're fucked. I'd be amazed if they somehow rally to win this one. Next step is winning across the pond for the first time in, what, 30 years? 

Just now, dcar00 said:

its got to be some combo of morikawa, spieth, xander, cantlay.  I just hope xander and cantlay don't run out of gas.

Curious what the Birdie stats show for Morikawa, Cantlay, Xander, Berger, Koepka and Spieth?? 

What about DJ playing in the afternoon again if he's still on a roll Saturday??

Hope Stricker leaves the Bryson/Scottie pair alone and sends them out again Saturday afternoon.

Besides DJ, JT, and Scottie, who else would partner well with Spieth in Fourball??

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Curious what the Birdie stats show for Morikawa, Cantlay, Xander, Berger, Koepka and Spieth?? 

Hope Stricker leaves the Bryson/Scottie pair alone and sends them out again Saturday afternoon.

Besides DJ, JT, and Scottie, who else would partner well with Spieth in Fourball??

I feel like Spieth could play with Morikawa, Xander, Finau, and maybe even Cantlay.  I know Spieth likes to talk but is there an issue with Spieth?

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I feel like Spieth could play with Morikawa, Xander, Finau, and maybe even Cantlay.  I know Spieth likes to talk but is there an issue with Spieth?

Spieth seems like a good guy, but he's not as well liked as someone like JT or DJ.  His banter, and slower play does not fit some other golfers (Koepka would hate teaming up with Jordan).  

Come to think of it, Berger would probably partner well with Jordan in Fourball.  In past matches, a DJ/Spieth pairing did not play well together.  

Edited by LTtxfan

24 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Jordan should play with a good driver.  If he is in the fairway, he is going to hit a lot of really good shots.  I'd also have him tee off on one so he has an iron in his hand on the Par 3's and Par 5's. 

26 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Spieth seems like a good guy, but he's not as well liked as someone like JT or DJ.  His banter, and slower play does not fit some other golfers (Koepka would hate teaming up with Jordan).  

Come to think of it, Berger would probably partner well with Jordan in Fourball.  In past matches, a DJ/Spieth pairing did not play well together.  

yeah, thats why I didn't say Koepka or DJ.

anyway.  Stricker has them up 6-2 so other than no Finau and playing Berger I don't really have any complaints

1 minute ago, Mango4 said:

He has 0 confidence on the green. He doesn’t get the ball to the hole in big situations when he needs to hole it. He needs to make putts and he’s not.

Replace with Finau or English.

Except for birdie on 9 and eagle on 16 in the afternoon match? C'mon man, he putted like total shit in the AM, but lacking confidence he isn't.