anyone ever done a thru-hike?

futureman

On 2/22/2019 at 4:02 PM, Biff Tannen said:

You did both PCT and Colorado Trail?

I did CT (Denver to Durango) nearly 30 yrs ago, when I was young and dumb. I did about 1,000 miles of the PCT (Washington and Oregon going north to south) nearly 20 years ago. Had to drop out of that due to a stress fracture in my shin.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I did CT (Denver to Durango) nearly 30 yrs ago, when I was young and dumb. I did about 1,000 miles of the PCT (Washington and Oregon going north to south) nearly 20 years ago. Had to drop out of that due to a stress fracture in my shin.

Awesome.  For the PCT did you start at Hart's Pass and hike north to the border and then double back?

1 hour ago, futureman said:

how many miles is this route?  and how long did it take you?

I honestly don't remember. I'm sure you can find a guide book somewhere. I believe its now part of the CDT. Less miles and time than what I did on the PCT. Took 5 or 6 weeks maybe? Two months? That includes rest stops, with one long stop (4 days?) in Breckinridge. I remember this hike being much easier than the PCT (less snow, less elevation change). But that perception may have been due to being 10 years younger.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Awesome.  For the PCT did you start at Hart's Pass and hike north to the border and then double back?

No, I flew to Vancouver, BC, and took a bus to the trail head in Canada. Walked right across the border going south into the US. Seems like there was one day of hiking in Canada before I got to the border. This was before 9/11, so it wasn't a big deal.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 8:38 AM, South Austin said:

Ever since I saw Wild I’ve been intrigued with hiking the Pacific Coast Trail. But then I think for that kind of vacation time I’d need to take, I’d rather get drunk in Europe and fuck my wife.

Care to weigh on now on the idea of that hike, sir?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Care to weigh on now on the idea of that hike, sir?

Ever since I saw Wild I’ve been intrigued with hiking the Pacific Coast Trail. But then I think for that kind of vacation time I’d need to take, I’d rather get drunk in Europe and fuck my girlfriend.

• Haha 2