Texas women's basketball '18-19

texasstrong12

Can’t say I follow this team a ton but over the years I have more. I caught on the scroller we were down by 10 at the end of 1 to quinn. I thought that maybe I remembered seeing them being decent last year so was like alright. Just looked at the final and let’s just say I was happy but very surprised to see us in bold. 

Edit- one quick favor, can someone posts the names of the freshmen on our team this year? Wasn’t one like #3 in the country and another top 10-15?

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

13 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Wonder why the recruiting sites weren’t big on her. Regardless, I’m glad Aston saw something special with her 

When I watch her play I don’t see a player that’s really an elite athlete. Recruiting services love freak athletes. 

But she’s crafty as hell and does everything well. She’s not going to jump out of the gym or blow by players but she’s fundamentally sound across the board. 

Aston said Warren has the highest basketball IQ of any freshman she’s coached and it shows. 

Edited by texasstrong12

The other thing about Warren is I really have no clue what position she plays or is a best fit at. She can play point, shooting guard and small forward. 

I think that’s a big reason she’s good. In today’s game positions don’t matter. The versatile types with different skill sets are what drive teams. 

Edited by texasstrong12

11 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

That would be great but I want Higgs back more than anything. Hopefully we can get her back this season 

Way said they won't have a full assessment on the injury until returning to Austin.  Guessing they didn't want to send Higgs back home without George, so she stuck around and was on crutches.

It's a shame we didn't get to face Mizzou or Duke over the break to see how our team really is.  We're 6-0 but our only legit competition is Michigan because we missed out on Mizzou and Duke/Washington in the champ game.

The next 2 Sundays are the big games - MSU and Tenn.

MSU - 6-0 but they've played no one (Virginia is the only P5 team they've played)

Tenn - 5-0 but they've played no one (Clemson is the only P5 team they've played).  They play @ Ok State on Sunday.