Texas women's basketball '18-19

texasstrong12

We moved up a spot in the RPI after winning (#28).

We still have 2 good games left - RPI #2 Baylor (road) and RPI #10 ISU (home).  

We currently have 1 top-30 RPI win (@ ISU).  TCU makes it 2 top-50 wins.  Otherwise, what a shitty resume we have for a 20-5 team.   2 top 50 wins but also three losses to teams in the 50-100 rankings (KSU, Tenn, WV).  The other 2 losses are obviously to top 10 teams (Baylor and Miss St). 

•  Win out in all games except Baylor in reg. season and conf. tournament to finish 26-7 - most likely a 5 seed, maybe 6 depending on how it shakes up (we'd need to hope we get ISU or TCU once more in the Big 12 tournament for an RPI boost)
  •  Win out in all games except Baylor BUT split with them (either road game or conf. tournament) to finish 27-6 - could slide into the last #4 seed as long as Baylor is not the #1 overall (because then you're looking at a 1 vs. 4 Sweet 16 game versus Baylor for the 4th matchup of the season - blah)
  •  Win out period to finish 28-5 - maybe work our way to a #3 seed (and monkeys might fly out of my ass, we ain't winning out by beating Baylor twice)

Really looks like we'll be on the road for NCAAT play.  Hopefully somewhere not too far - last Bracketology had us in Iowa City BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT there's an off-chance we could end up hosting as a non-top 4 - if matched up in SC's regional, they currently cannot host due to the men's tournament (building conflict).  The #6 seed would host unless SC can find a suitable venue within 50 miles AND they have to cover the extra costs.

Edited by Js1

Also, fuck Hannah Gusters' mom.  Her daughter got ruled ineligible for transferring for athletic purposes, so she goes scorched Earth on Cathy? 

I know we're recruiting Gusters, but maybe we back off now.  Mom seems like a bitch. 

Did Kyler Murray live in Plano East and go to Allen? UIL was notably silent. 

Edited by Js1

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

UIL looks like a joke when they let schools like Allen get away with the shit they do in football. I don't really care but let's be real. All these big schools are recruiting players. 

Katy is just as guilty in Houston. Allen is big as fuck at least so the talent pool makes sense but Katy is one of the smaller 6As and they always get the best players

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

This team looks pretty stupid.  They can’t seem to get that you have to pass the ball against this zone.  Couple that with terrible rebounding and you got yourself an L.  

Garbage coaching. Carey must be concussed still Bc this “offense” she coaches is trash 

Edited by Js1

20 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Instead of closing the gap with Baylor we’ve fallen back closer to the rest of the field 

But we beat Baylor that one time.  Average margin of defeat: 12.8 points.  1-14 record versus Baylor under Karen.

New sheriff in town!!!!

Aston was a step up from Coach G but damn I thought we would at the least be competing better than this for a big 12 title. Hows the recruiting class look for next year? I thought by now we would have depth and high 4 and 5 stars I don't think getting ass fucked by 30 would be happening. I hate kim Mulkey but shes a good coach.

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Aston was a step up from Coach G but damn I thought we would at the least be competing better than this for a big 12 title. Hows the recruiting class look for next year? I thought by now we would have depth and high 4 and 5 stars I don't think getting ass fucked by 30 would be happening. I hate kim Mulkey but shes a good coach.

A really good get in Celeste Taylor out of Long Island.

Couple of Aussies - 6'4 post/center and a PG. 

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Thats the difference.  She consistently has her team better prepared and ready to go.  She uses any slight that she can find.   Shes a master motivator.  

The talent discrepancy isnt that big anymore if theres even is one.  CDC needs to ask himself if Aston is going to beat Mulkey consistentently.  If the answer is no and it appears to be she needs to go. 

40 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Thats the difference.  She consistently has her team better prepared and ready to go.  She uses any slight that she can find.   Shes a master motivator.  

The talent discrepancy isnt that big anymore if theres even is one.  CDC needs to ask himself if Aston is going to beat Mulkey consistentently.  If the answer is no and it appears to be she needs to go. 

Scheme + coaching > talent any day

There are few teams that we go up against where we don't have a talent advantage - UConn, ND, Tennessee, Stanford, Miss State, Baylor, Oregon.  And yet, not only do we have losses to 4 losses to that group this season, throw in a loss to WV and getting SWEPT by KSU.

• Like 1

Offense has regressed as the Season has gone along for Ladyhorns.  With Higgs injury, No other real scoring threats have been developed on this team.  Post play is much worse than it should be.... they don't do anything well except get in foul trouble constantly.

Not sure what Karen has tried to do in practices to help this team, but they are not coached well, they have regressed and continue to make too many mental errors.  With the talent on this Ladyhorns team, Aston gets a coaching grade of a real big fat....

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Unlike Big 12 mens basketball, the Big 12 womens basketball conference is weak as shit. This loss pretty much means we'll finish no better than 3rd place in conference which is....terrible for the talent we have. Recruiting is going to get harder for Aston in the coming years if she isn't fired

Yup. Dunno what happened but she’s lost it. Uncompetitive, unprepared and uninspired. 

• Like 1