Texas women's basketball '18-19

texasstrong12

ISU will be a challenge.

They beat Auburn, who blasted the fuck out of OU.  They beat Miami.  They only lost by 3 to Iowa.  They destroyed KSU and TCU.

Last 2 games against Carlson, who has been a consistent thorn in our side every time we play them.  They basically put 5 wings on the floor who can score from anywhere and will not hesitate to shoot from deep.  They average 82.3 ppg, shooting 33% from deep and hit 75% from the line. 

As usual, Fennelly may not even be top 3 in talent for the conference, but they're #1 in sideline coaching. 

20 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

White has been checked out all year. 

I wonder if Mide starts so White can anchor the 2nd unit.  White seems to be the one whose out there in crunch time regardless.  Mide is a little more mobile, more athletic and has more length.  White is kinda slow.  But she usually hits her shots at close range. 

OSU - 16 for Mide; 20 for White

WV - 12 minutes for White; 22 for Mide

OU - 9 for Mide;, 22 for White

Sug has really taken on the load - 24/10/7 today. White and William also had 10. Holmes with 8. 50% shooting and 40% from three. Only made it to the line 9 times, hitting 6. 

ISU shot 34% and 30% from three. At Hilton. We did well. They only had 8 TO on the day. Our 17 TO is why it was so close. 

Edited by Js1

We should be undefeated at 9-0 going into Norman. Of course then it’s Baylor.... oddly seeing as we’ve already won in Motown and Ames I can see 16-2 or 15-3 if we lose @ OU. Better than I expected after losing Higgs. 

Edited by Js1

Tennessee has lost 3 in a row for the first time in 33 (!) years after yesterday's loss to UGA.

We will stay at #11 I'm sure.  No real opportunity to move up for a while barring big upsets for teams #1-10.  Couple of ranked-on-ranked matchups this week like SC @ MSU, ASU @ Oregon State, Maryland @ Michigan State and WV @ Baylor (WV ain't ranked, but you never know).

I'm not quite sure why Charlie Crème is so meh about us.

We move up to #4 seed in the Greensboro regional, up from #5.  The team we just beat, Iowa State, moves DOWN from a 3 to a 4.  I fail to see how ISU was ever 2 seed lines above us.

1 seeds - UConn, Louisville, ND, Baylor

2 seeds - NC State, Stanford, Miss St, Oregon

3 seeds - Syracuse, Oregon State, Marquette, Maryland

4 seeds - Texas, Iowa State, Arizona State, Gonzaga

Oh, I think I see why.  We are #23 in the RPI.  That's pretty meh. Iowa State is #9.