Texas women's basketball '18-19

texasstrong12

There's quite a bit of big games in the portal already - 

Littleton (TX)

Evina Westbrook (TN)

Mikiah Herbert Harrigan (SC)

If Karen is looking to fill a 'ship, players are available.  MHH might have to sit a year, I would be all for having her in 2020-21

Uh wow that’s a surprise. Staley isn’t easy to play for. She runs off a lot of recruits. 

I guess it was a player TBNL when we got Jatarie White. Lol 

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2019 at 4:27 PM, Js1 said:

Would not surprise me to see her end up at UCLA, USC, Cal or Arizona/ASU just for proximity to family.  She's too good to end up at UNLV or LBSU or a smaller G5 school. 

Yah got USC right..... just wrong Coast. 😀  Guess being close to home was not DL's deal.

Aston needs to get her act together..... this past season's results were horrible....

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...

Too soon to start the new thread, but non-conf was released:

Exhibition versus D2 champion Lubbock Christian
South Florida (road)
UTSA
WNIT Champ Arizona
UTRGV
Southern University
Rainbow Wahine Showdown (3 games in Hawaii - teams TBD)
Tennessee (Road)
Ohio (not State)
Stanford
Northwestern State

• 3 weeks later...

Jody & Chris will not attempt to play games with CDC, he's earned a lot of respect and Chris has for the most part accepted her role. The White and Floreal hires have done a lot of validation for CDC. If Karen puts up another blah year with continued locker room turnover I can see her seat being hot in 2 years. It can be a revenue sport and a new arena is on the way. You'll always have the J&C fanatic loons but their power has diminished and it is no longer the center for decision making.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Jody & Chris will not attempt to play games with CDC, he's earned a lot of respect and Chris has for the most part accepted her role. The White and Floreal hires have done a lot of validation for CDC. If Karen puts up another blah year with continued locker room turnover I can see her seat being hot in 2 years. It can be a revenue sport and a new arena is on the way. You'll always have the J&C fanatic loons but their power has diminished and it is no longer the center for decision making.

What is Karen's current contract situation... hopefully it only has 2 years or less remaining.

Tired of watching Karen being Mulkey's bitch...  

Edited by LTtxfan

It was a rule change year for women too, and there are a few minor changes that the crowds (and let's be honest, the teams and coaches) won't even notice but women did change the shot clock rule as well. 

So the most major rule change:

When the defensive team commits a personal foul or intentionally kicks/fists the ball in the frontcourt of the offensive team and play will resume in the frontcourt, the shot clock: 1) will not reset when it is at 20 seconds or above or 2) will reset to 20 seconds when it is at 19 seconds or less. Additionally, when the offense is first to secure a rebound off the rim or flange in their frontcourt, the shot clock will reset to 20 seconds.

Don't follow WBB closely,  is this true ?      Wow !      

So Karen Aston’s women’s basketball team at Texas loses its second-round NCAA postseason game and now appears to be losing another star recruit in redshirt freshman Sedona Prince. Aston, just a terrific person and a favorite here, had better pray it’s a UConn or elsewhere but not Baylor. On top of the three-person, McDonald’s All-American 2017 recruiting class that all transferred out of Texas, Aston has now lost four of her last five top recruits and had best stop the bleeding soon. That doesn’t help Texas try to become more competitive with Baylor and more nationally relevant. A bit of good news in that freshman Charli Collier got picked to compete in the FIBA 3X3 Women’s Series that is hosted by China all summer.

https://www.statesman.com/sports/20190611/bohls-saluting-best-of-preps-not-best-of-raptors-fans

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Kinda hoped/thought Aston would be the one, but her recruiting was the only thing keeping her head above water.  With that going, she dade.

Aston has a flaw that causes her to struggle....

SHE SUCKS AT COACHING !!!

He's right.

She's a great recruiter.  She hires excellent assistants, 3 of which have gone on to become head coaches in just her short tenure at Texas.  

She can't coach a lick of offense though.  Her defense is so strictly man to man all the time, she may as well be 2004 Jody in a Karen Aston mask.  Her rotations are too large and her substitutions are puzzling at best, downright retarded at worst. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He's right.   She's a great recruiter.  She hires excellent assistants, 3 of which have gone on to become head coaches in just her short tenure at Texas.   She can't coach a lick of offense though.  Her defense is so strictly man to man all the time, she may as well be 2004 Jody in a Karen Aston mask.  Her rotations are too large and her substitutions are puzzling at best, downright retarded at worst. 

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m glad you guys took the time out of your busy NBA coaching schedules to chime in on such things as rotations and so forth. Maybe all you excellent coaches can give Coach Aston some pointers on how to coach.

Edited by Sandlot

I’m frustrated with scholarship athletes (David Hamilton-scooter injury) (Sedona Prince-FIBA Americas Under-18 BASKETBALL) getting injured on their own time and then sitting out a year on scholarship and then deciding to move on without playing a minute for The University of Texas to make up for the year they spent on the dole. 

10 minutes ago, sbmcruise said:

I’m frustrated with scholarship athletes (David Hamilton-scooter injury) (Sedona Prince-FIBA Americas Under-18 BASKETBALL) getting injured on their own time and then sitting out a year on scholarship and then deciding to move on without playing a minute for The University of Texas to make up for the year they spent on the dole. 

I see your point, but personally I’m fine with it. 

On 7/6/2019 at 10:39 PM, sbmcruise said:

It’s just a cost of doing business.  

On 7/6/2019 at 6:42 PM, Sandlot said:

I’m glad you guys took the time out of your busy NBA coaching schedules to chime in on such things as rotations and so forth. Maybe all you excellent coaches can give Coach Aston some pointers on how to coach.

lulz

Basketball is harder than rocket science! It's like neurosurgery except with a bouncing ball!

• Like 2