Hey, you 40s guys who kicked ass at bill Walsh back in the day

markstanco

Holy shit there are more buttons on madden 2020 these days in xbox. I am old. But having fun learning with my 11 year old the last few days of him whipping my ass. Literally....12 buttons and two joysticks. (I think?)

Unlike my father I am doing what he likes, even though I suck at it currently. But after a few months I am confident that my inner cordell stewart will come out and I will beat his ass. Tonight was my first game against him and he beat me 28-6 at half time before I made him rack at 9. He cheats, he is Baltimore and I am dallas.

I will update this thread as i continue to grow as a 48 year old gamer.

• 4 weeks later...
You haven’t been humiliated until your 11 year old plays base defense and runs clock, because he’s dominating you.
I’m 42.

We used to get together all the time at my best friends. Madden or NCAA and cooking out. It was an all day thing.

First time I played his son, he told me not to take it easy on him. The kid was 11. We had a blast every time we got together. Eating, gaming and talking shit. Age and experience didn’t matter.

The first time the son beat the dad, he got sent to his room. Lol.

Madden was the last game I could beat my kids in.  Mainly because of college football, I bought both versions every year and my boys loved them too.  Once ole UCLA boy got his settlement and they quit making the college game, I stopped buying them, plus my boys started liking the 'bigger' games.

They now put Halo or CoD on at the holidays and annihilate my ass. I cannot beat them at anything on xbox or PS any more.   Bill Walsh football was the shit.  I have a notebook somewhere that has season stats and records in it from then.  The kids get a kick out of that notebook, calling it "Coach Klein's."

Agree with the poster who said, "so many damned buttons."  Playing now is like solving a Rubik's Cube while playing football.  I can get the strategy/ play in my head- I just have virtually zero chance of executing it.  LOLz.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 9:11 PM, LonghornJudas said:

I played this and FPS Baseball in a number of online leagues. So much fun. Disappointed that Basketball never came out.

I came today looking if people were playing MLB TheShow20 and ran into this thread. 

i was the game director of FPS:basketball back in the day. RIP. I took over baseball after basketball was cancelled and worked on the football games as well. Good times. 

• Like 2

On 3/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, Fastbreak said:

I came today looking if people were playing MLB TheShow20 and ran into this thread. 

i was the game director of FPS:basketball back in the day. RIP. I took over baseball after basketball was cancelled and worked on the football games as well. Good times. 

That's awesome. I actually started a FPS Football League at Origin and we had a number of engineers in it. So much damn fun. Knock out games during lunch. The draft was always the highlight.

How far along in development were you before basketball got the ax?

Edited by LonghornJudas