Sign in to follow this  
Grimas

Airsoft thread

Searched but didn't a thread on Airsoft...  My teens are now getting in to it and figured there was some knowledge to be shared on here...

Made the mistake on buying manual, spring loaded rifles for the kids but they a) have barely the strength to cock the guns and b)get hammered by all their friends with gas/electric ones...

Now that I've started shopping for better guns, the versions and accessories for airsoft are as bad or worse than when buying real guns...  Any helpful tips?  (Gas vs. electric? Specific brands to get/avoid?) 

Just got one of them a Glock 17 Gen 4 with gas but the other one wants a rifle... I was just assuming that in the indoor range, the larger the mag is best so you can just keep pumping out bb's downrange...

My only advice is to make sure it is CLEARLY marked as a toy gun. Had to have a conversation with my kid when he was a teenager to make sure he knew to not aim it at anybody except the friends he was playing with.  

been thinking of getting one of the same model as one of my real pistols to practice draw, lining up sights and dry firing.  The last part may not be helpful depending on the trigger.

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

been thinking of getting one of the same model as one of my real pistols to practice draw, lining up sights and dry firing.  The last part may not be helpful depending on the trigger.

You can get some C02 bb pistols that are pretty good for that, to include the trigger.  Have to read the reviews and recs.