Blazers vs Pelicans

Machinator

Just now, Chapo said:

Where the hell this jrue holiday comes from? Everybody has been shitting on him the whole season for that contract and this all nba guard comes alive in the playoff.

He’s always been awesome, he just gets hurt too much. He’s be a regular All Star with better health.

Alot of voters regretting voting Lilliard for All NBA 1st team. For sweet pleasure of Texags-like meltdown, go to read Blazers Edge. Funny that they still talk abt Lilliard 0.9 sec shot against the Rockets several yrs back like it was their championship.

7 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

inside the nba is nowhere near the show it used to be.  on top of the kg shit, shaq and chuck being clueless about modern day basketball really hurts the show.

Yeah, I really cannot deal with Chuck and Shaq anymore.   Neither of them really "know" basketball.   If Shaq isn't doing something funny he is useless and Chuck literally hates on the game so much I cannot believe he is paid to "analyze" it.    He openly states that he doesn't watch games, he would rather watch other stuff, doesn't know players, etc.    What is he there for if that is the case?

Edited by d2o

7 hours ago, Chapo said:

Alot of voters regretting voting Lilliard for All NBA 1st team. For sweet pleasure of Texags-like meltdown, go to read Blazers Edge. Funny that they still talk abt Lilliard 0.9 sec shot against the Rockets several yrs back like it was their championship.

Yeah I doubt anyone is regretting their vote.    He had a GREAT reg season.

8 hours ago, Chapo said:

Meh. Who should take his place on the 1st team?  Dipo or Westbrook?  Both have arguments (Dipo as a two-way player and Russ putting up another triple-double while actually shooting a higher % than Dame), but Dame's regular season was just as impressive, if not more so.  It was Steph's spot--but he missed way too much time--so someone not on his level has to take it.

This is who Dame is: a volume, relatively low-efficiency shooter that has a lot of off nights, but look the hell out when he gets hot.  He'll have himself a game or 2 before this series is over.

The Pelicans are just an awful match-up for them.  Both teams play nominal 2 point guard lineups, so Dame and CJ don't have their usual quickness advantage. They're going head-to-head with one of the best defensive point guards in the league and Playoff Rondo defense, and they're getting bullied.  Most teams have a taller shooting guard or forward to punish NO's lack of size and shitty wings; Portland's wings might be even shittier.  And that says nothing of Portland having absolutely no answer for AD.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

inside the nba is nowhere near the show it used to be.  on top of the kg shit, shaq and chuck being clueless about modern day basketball really hurts the show.

It still beats the recent insistence of putting Stephen Jackson in front of the camera on seemingly every NBA show going. 

He's had a massive resurgence.   Had some MASSIVE personal issues but they look to be behind him and he is back to playing like the AS he was early in his career
The personal issues were his wife had a brain tumor while she was either pregnant or just delivered their 1st child. He took off part of 2 seasons to attend to her.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

It still beats the recent insistence of putting Stephen Jackson in front of the camera on seemingly every NBA show going. 

For sure.   Fuck Capn Jack.  I'm not trying to hear shit he has to say

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:
12 hours ago, d2o said:
He's had a massive resurgence.   Had some MASSIVE personal issues but they look to be behind him and he is back to playing like the AS he was early in his career

The personal issues were his wife had a brain tumor while she was either pregnant or just delivered their 1st child. He took off part of 2 seasons to attend to her.

It was while she was pregnant and I think she held off on treatment until she delivered.    Like I said, that's MASSIVE and dwarfs basketball.   Dont blame him one bit for having his priorities correct.   I'm really happy for him that he is playing well.

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:
13 hours ago, d2o said:

Excellent article about that:

https://sports.yahoo.com/pelicans-guard-jrue-holiday-opens-challenging-time-life-160954663.html

On 4/18/2018 at 7:36 AM, aggie08 said:

This is who Dame is: a volume, relatively low-efficiency shooter that has a lot of off nights, but look the hell out when he gets hot.  He'll have himself a game or 2 before this series is over.

Or, you know, not.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I know it's not going to happen, but the way the Pels are playing right now they could beat anyone in the NBA.

The quicker they finish off Portland, the better chance that round 2 starts a couple of days earlier, and they can get a game or two more w/o Steph. 

Still, I think Golden State wins easily in 5, 6 at most. Starting three guys 6'4" and under is great playing Portland; it gets a little problematic when KD and Klay are on the wings. There's a reason why GS has won about a billion straight against NO, until a couple of weeks ago. AD will be able to basically pick his own stats against Dray, JaVale, and ZaZa though. 

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Question: would the Pels be looking this good with Boogie?

No.

Admittedly, I'm biased because I'm not much of a Boogie fan because of his "effort." But the more shooting that you can put around AD, the better. They've played at the fastest pace in the league since Boogie went out; they were below average without him.

If they pay him, they're insane IMO.

4 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Who would have thought the Pels have a chance to not only win the series, but sweep the series from the Blazers..? Damn sure not me... Got Portland sayin' #WhoDat..?

Most people picked this as a tight series because of how well NO matches up with Portland. NO in 7 seemed to be a pretty common selection. But, yeah, no one saw this.

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

No.

Admittedly, I'm biased because I'm not much of a Boogie fan because of his "effort." But the more shooting that you can put around AD, the better. They've played at the fastest pace in the league since Boogie went out; they were below average without him.

If they pay him, they're insane IMO.

It's interesting to me because before Boogie got hurt, I didn't think they had much outside of he and Davis. (Proves how little I know.)

Still not much of a bench, but Mirotic, Holiday, and even a resurgent Rondo have been a force. And a healthy Brow is great for the sport.