Jump to content
JNip

Summer Transfer Window 2020

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I’ll start it off...

Whoever purchases Marc Roca is going to get the transfer steal of the summer. 
 

 

Edited by JNip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably my favorite Real Madrid player who is still being loaned out. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2020 at 1:06 PM, Schulz2.0 said:

Tottenham the likely landing spot for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. Everton are also trying.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/20/tottenham-edging-everton-capture-signature-southamptonspierre/

You can have him. Not a bad player, but not indispensable. I would say inconsistency is his biggest issue. Soton is wanting £25 million though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2020 at 1:06 PM, Schulz2.0 said:

Tottenham the likely landing spot for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. Everton are also trying.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/20/tottenham-edging-everton-capture-signature-southamptonspierre/

 I think Saints need to stop naming team captains.

Lallana , FonteVan Dijk, PEH

It's like having a target on their backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.vavel.com/en/international-football/2020/07/27/germany-bundesliga/1030052-southampton-liverpool-leicester-and-newcastle-united-reportedly-interested-in-weston-mckennie.html

Southampton, Liverpool, Leicester and Newcastle United reportedly interested in Weston McKennie

  • my guess - not ready for Liverpool. Leicester is an attractive destination and probably has the inside track. However, Southampton I think would be a good fit for his age, skill level, and if he wants a lot of playing time. and Newcastle? no, why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should be well rested. 

played a total of 1,074 minutes over 3 years / an average of 4 full matches a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, yoladu said:

He should be well rested. 

played a total of 1,074 minutes over 3 years / an average of 4 full matches a year.

The worst thing that happened to SOTON is Rodgers being fired at LFC. He bought all your dross. Lallana, Clyne, Lovren and Lambert were all overpriced duds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They weren't dross as far as Soton was concerned. They were starters on a club that finished 8th (Lallana, Lovren, Lambert) in 2013-2014 and 7th (Clyne) in 2014-2015. 

but yeah, the money received from Liverpool from those transfers allowed Saints to purchase even better players (Mane, VVD) - finishing above Liverpool in 2015-2016 in 6th place! Good times! With money and good recruiting, we are bumping up against the big boys!!!

And then, of course, Liverpool took those players, too.

Without purchasing "the dross", Soton would have never been able to afford purchasing Liverpool's future "cream".

[and then, inevitably, Soton screwed the pooch on further player (and manager) recruitment in subsequent years, skirted with relegation, and Liverpool lost interest when that well ran dry]

so yeah, i get a wee bit sensitive when Liverpool supporters suggest Soton owes good ole benevolent Liverpool a great big thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maninblack said:

The worst thing that happened to SOTON is Rodgers being fired at LFC. He bought all your dross. Lallana, Clyne, Lovren and Lambert were all overpriced duds. 


Clyne was an above average right back For two years until he had a serious injury. Lovren was a fine ROI as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yoladu said:

You can have him. Not a bad player, but not indispensable. I would say inconsistency is his biggest issue. Soton is wanting £25 million though.

I don't see any way they get £25m in this financial situation for a guy with 1 year left on his contract. Everton want him as well, buy even Everton writers are saying ther valuation of him is no where near £25m. There's also the fact that you guys want to sign Walker-Peters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I don't see any way they get £25m in this financial situation for a guy with 1 year left on his contract. Everton want him as well, buy even Everton writers are saying ther valuation of him is no where near £25m. There's also the fact that you guys want to sign Walker-Peters.

Good points. And yes, Soton really wants Walker-Peters. (He played very well for Saints while on loan during the restart). Gives Tottenham some good leverage on PEH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a steal. Torres and Roca are my two favorite Spanish players in La Liga who don’t play for big teams. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 1:11 AM, JNip said:

 

Guess he and Haller really needed each other - they've been so disappointing by themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...