Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
cdain3

Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Shaka Edition

Just now, texifornia said:

It’s a shame that the coaching version of that chart would have us in the absolute bottom left corner. 

Yeah, based on that chart we basically should be the overwhelming favorite to win the national championship next year ... assuming adequate coaching.

I don’t expect us to be anything approaching national championship caliber next season.

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I know CDC hasn’t made a Big 3 hire yet, and the fact he hasn’t in basketball is a mark against him at this point, but man when the time comes, I think I’m gonna have a lot of confidence in him. Based on the early returns, he’s absolutely killed it with Softball and WBB, and I love that he wasn’t afraid to throw our weight around in money whipping an elite candidate like Schaefer. There’s been way too many times in the last decade plus, that Texas refuses to simply identify the best candidate in the country and go get them. 

Just saw that McClung from Georgetown is withdrawing from the draft and entering the transfer portal. Any chance of/room for landing him?

4 hours ago, Henry Hill said:

Just saw that McClung from Georgetown is withdrawing from the draft and entering the transfer portal. Any chance of/room for landing him?

Virtually none, and frankly I don't know if having an inefficient/though talented possession eater is a good/bad thing in Shaka's non-existent offense 

5 hours ago, Teryor said:

Virtually none, and frankly I don't know if having an inefficient/though talented possession eater is a good/bad thing in Shaka's non-existent offense 

Well, he doesn't shoot the 3 particularly well, but he also doesn't let that stop him. Would be a good fit in Shaka's offense.

Adding another player is the last thing Shaka needs. He should try to get the team to 8 or 9 bodies, that's the only time his teams have looked good.

Crystal Ball: Big time prospect leaning to Big XII?

VIP ByBRIAN SNOW 2 hours ago

0 Comments

One of the more intriguing interior prospects in the class of 2021 is Daimion Collins. Hailing from small town Atlanta, Texas, Collins has been, and continues to be, at the center of a very intense recruiting battle.

Schools such as Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma State and others are all extremely interested in the 6-foot-9 long armed shot blocker with impressive athleticism.

Collins is thin, and will need to add weight in college, but he has such a high upside in his game, that he is seen as one of the prospects with the most long term potential to help a college basketball program.

Given that his recruitment is so intense, and due to the fact that visits will need to be taken, nothing seems imminent in terms of a decision, but according to sources close to the situation one school might have a leg up here.

It sounds like the Texas Longhorns are currently positioned fairly well in this battle. While Austin isn’t exactly down the road from Atlanta, it is close enough, and the Longhorns are said to be tracking well.

As one source told 247Sports, “One thing Texas has done very well with in-state recruiting, is not losing a kid when they have an advantage, and they have the advantage.”

Publicly, Collins hasn’t favored any school, or group of schools, but behind the scenes talk lately has buzzed around Texas and because of that I am entering a Crystal Ball pick for the Longhorns.

There is definitely still work to be done here, and this doesn’t sound like it will be a short recruitment, right now there is reason to think that Collins will be staying in-state to play his college basketball.

35bb48dbf7bb031604225930cc2e8a62.jpg

If this could really unravel after Shaka wastes a year with GB3, that'd be great...

https://sports.yahoo.com/document-bobby-hurley-accuses-asu-ad-of-disturbing-behavior-in-booster-controversy-042250305.html

Hurley goes on to accuse Anderson of coming up with a numeric scale in which he judged the harassment claims by the three women, one of whom is Hurley’s wife, Leslie. Hurley asks Anderson how he’d feel if his wife and daughter were in a similar situation. “Maybe in your words, the sexual assault committed by (redacted) was a 2 or a 3, but if this had happened to Buffie or Kimmy, would it still be a level 2 or 3?” Hurley wrote in the email. He added: “You have chosen to create your own numeric scale on what sexual assault mean(s) which is disturbing.”

On 5/14/2020 at 2:37 PM, Henry Hill said: