Annual LHN Hate Thread 2020 edition

Eggo

There was two plays where UT got an illegal procedure for snapping the ball before everyone was set. The ref was explaining this as “not all 11 players were set before the snap”. Lowell laughed both times and said a variation of “that penalty’s on EVERYBODY” 

Thats not what that sentence means you cunt. If 10 players are set, and 1 isn’t at the snap, then literally “not all 11 players were set”. That’s what the ref meant. Sorry you don’t understand grammar. It pissed me off last night. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/10/2020 at 9:02 PM, Longboard Horn said:

I will be watching the game on mute. Not listening to Andre Ware commentate. He is an insufferable cunt.  

I've been doing that for at least five years. TV announcers literally. yes I'm using the actual meaning of the word literally, add nothing to the watching experience. Same for baseball. I watch basketball with the sound on just so I can hear the whistles.

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

There was two plays where UT got an illegal procedure for snapping the ball before everyone was set. The ref was explaining this as “not all 11 players were set before the snap”. Lowell laughed both times and said a variation of “that penalty’s on EVERYBODY” 

Thats not what that sentence means you cunt. If 10 players are set, and 1 isn’t at the snap, then literally “not all 11 players were set”. That’s what the ref meant. Sorry you don’t understand grammar. It pissed me off last night. 

And if for some reason, ten players were not set, then the penalty would be on the center.

On 9/12/2020 at 6:21 PM, Mikey4 said:
On 9/12/2020 at 5:43 PM, Mikey4 said:
Can anyone with vidgo tell me: can you pause, rewind, and ff lhn?

I'm trying sling, and when I try to pause lhn, it says pause, rw, and ff are not available on this station. WTF is that?

I'm thinking about ditching my sling trial and going to vidgo, but only if it includes pause/rw/ff for LHN.

( and yes, I realize I could just sign up for a vidgo trial, but I am trying to save that option for later in the season if I can. I'll burn my trial now, however, if it allows me to pause the game.)

Read more  

I figured it out. With sling, you can pause etc if you are watching a recording, even if it's in progress. So just press record, go to the recording, and watch from there.

As a former PSVue user and current YouTubeTV user, I hated Sling that I did via the 3 day trial (Blue+Sports) for the game.  Tried to pause to walk the dog and couldn't from the live feed...  Argh...  I finally tried the recording I setup earlier in the DVR and the recording was 5+ minutes behind the live stream.  Pause worked there but I canceled the trial right after the game.  Not sure what would have happened if I hadn't setup the recording earlier...  Won't be switching from YouTube to Sling...

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Helobious said:

It's really not acceptable these days to make fun of those who are... mentally challenged.

2 hours ago, Grimas said:

As a former PSVue user and current YouTubeTV user, I hated Sling that I did via the 3 day trial (Blue+Sports) for the game.  Tried to pause to walk the dog and couldn't from the live feed...  Argh...  I finally tried the recording I setup earlier in the DVR and the recording was 5+ minutes behind the live stream.  Pause worked there but I canceled the trial right after the game.  Not sure what would have happened if I hadn't setup the recording earlier...  Won't be switching from YouTube to Sling...

sportsurge.net has been fine for me since r/cfbstreams went away but I didn't want to chance it so I got the Sling trial a few hours before Texas Gameday was starting.  I set everything up to record Gameday, the game itself and the post game.  But then when I went to recordings...if it was something in progress it would just dump me to live.  I could pause it but not rewind.  So that sucked.  UI in general not as slick as YouTube TV.  Also the audio was slightly out of sync and it was very noticeable when someone was on camera talking.  Finally, the video quality was poor.  Much worse than YouTube TV.  I have been with YouTube TV since it was like $30/month and the last price hike really fucking sucked but everything I have looked at to replace it just doesn't match the overall product that YouTube TV is and I guess they know it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

It's really not acceptable these days to make fun of those who are... mentally challenged.

Yeah, but stupidity isn't in the same protected class as Down Syndrome, etc.  Galindo just has a sub-standard brain inside a douchey head.  He doesn't need a foundation or anything.

Administrative question on LHN....

I believe the contract is coming up in the next 2-3 years.  Can someone detail the financials of LHN and the future prospects?  I think the networks blew their load on TV contracts last rounds and everyone is in for a smaller contract this next go around (starting in 2023 with the BIG).  I've read a few articles that say LHN has some financial issues.  What is the future of LHN?  Does UT go all in and go independent with LHN intact? Does UT look for a different conference?  Does UT revert rights back to the big12?  Does UT revert rights back to the big12 with a greater share of revenues?

Genuinely asking as I was debating the efficacy of LHN and UT as an independent with a corn friend at lunch today.

20 hours ago, WithoutAClue said:

the LHN deal with ESPN is a 20 year, $295 million  contract beginning in 2011 so they still have another 10 years or so to go.

Oh... I thought it was a 10 year deal.  Woof... That's a lot of cheddar to swallow if you're ESPN.

• Like 1