UIW @ Texas - 6:30 on LHN

zlavydra

15 hours ago, 83Horn said:

That's coming in ready to play.

Read that Geib's 3 run HR was his first AB since his injury last year,  and on the first pitch.   Quite a reintroduction.

Always liked him,  1st/3B,  difficult to find a spot other than DH.

8 minutes ago, torre said:

Read that Geib's 3 run HR was his first AB since his injury last year,  and on the first pitch.   Quite a reintroduction.

Always liked him,  1st/3B,  difficult to find a spot other than DH.

Holy shit. We have guys who can come off the bench and hit bombs? Something seems to be going right.  There has been a general upgrade in talent level, undeniably and indubitably.  I'm still not sure Pierce knows how to best employ the talent.

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

... and I’ll repeat my postgame comment that we need to see more of Dylan Campbell.

I agree but who do you take out of the lineup? 

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

Holy shit. We have guys who can come off the bench and hit bombs? Something seems to be going right.  There has been a general upgrade in talent level, undeniably and indubitably.  I'm still not sure Pierce knows how to best employ the talent.

He’s been recruiting his ass off. Seems like he’s does a good job handling the bullpen. That 2018 bullpen with a bunch of rag tags was pretty amazing.  Yeah it feels weird having like 5 dudes who could start but idk who you take out of the lineup. I’m pretty tired of Zubia but no way Pierce benched him unless he goes like 1-26 in the next couple weeks 

29 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

@Fletch

I know nothing about Campbell other than he put the bat on the ball with authority and noisy ABs are worth a closer look.

LF-RF-1B-DH rotation?

Maybe starting him against lefties instead of Antico? Fuck idk. Nice to finally have players on the bench that are actually D1 level. Not Jake McKenzie or Tate Shaw or Joe Baker

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zlavydra said:

Tulo.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Campbell ripped one into left field and bounced off the LF's glove only to be caught on the tip. Powell didn't know that you can tag on the first touch and returned to third base.

Gotcha thanks.

I actually learned this rule in college playing... Intramural Kickball lol thought it was a weird rule, so looked it up in and was surprised to learn that it was a thing in baseball too

Similar to a bobbled fair catch in football; most players don’t realize if it hits the receiver and bounces straight up into the air, the kicking team still can’t touch the ball until it hits the ground.

Won a beer over this from a WVU douchebag across the aisle from me during the 2016 game...