2021 Chicago Cubs - @%#$ Ricketts

After getting one of the most team friendly deals of the past decade you can't find common ground with Rizzo on an extension. The one guy who has backed this franchise since they were crap back in 2012.

Little by little the Ricketts have been killing my fandom since 2016. I feel sorry for David Ross,  he gets a shot to manage a big league team and one more season he'll have a high AAA roster on his hands, and then obviously the scapegoat when the team fails. KB, Javy and Rizzo all on their last year with no movement to sign. 

Maybe they have a ten year plan in place and part of it is a slow death, I don't know...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 4:33 PM, shadow_operative said:

we were crushing the ball today. it was very nice to watch for a change. 

Well, that well has dried up.  Shut out in 3 of the last 4.  A grand total of 7 hits in the last two games, losing by a combined 15-0.  Pathetic.  

Cubs had no business winning the nightcap.  They had runners in scoring position all night and couldn't do anything . . . until extras.  Drives me nuts. 

What kind of jabroni takes strike three in a bases loaded situation not once, but twice during a game?  A:  The Kris Bryant kind.   

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Gotta hand it to 'em, they fought, scratched and clawed those last two games.  Nice to sweep the defending champs.  Maybe this will serve as a catalyst for the rest of the season.

If they can do anything this season it is to scratch and claw like they learned the last 6 seasons. Keep Darvish on this team and they can easily content for the division. Maybe they still can, but it will take a lot more luck. Still it was a fun 2 days.