U.S. has a new favorite Mexican eatery. Taco Bell...

SDG

I hate that shit. Everything has some kind of creamy goo sauce in it. The couple times of year I do get TB I usually order it online for pick up at the drive thru so I can pick and choose my ingredients. Much less chance they screw it up. 
Sounds convenient but I don't trust any taco bell employee to get a specialized order right

• 3 years later...

Taco Bell is not in competition with your humble taqueria, your $6 fuzzy’s taco type place. Or your enshrined Tex Mex joint. It is competing with fast food joints.

They’re open late. Generally known quality and consistency. No fucking Chipotle attitude or high risk of dying. Don’t have a Moe’s. My old boss had been head of product development for TB and came up with the double decker taco. The challenge he said was coming up with new shit out of 7 ingredients that would sell for 49 cents. This was around 03.

My typical order: burrito supreme, beef chalupa. Doritos taco or two. Fire sauce. I used to like the enchirito, and the bell beefer sandwich was my first bite of TB. Both gone.

I really want the Mexican pizza back. Like I might kill a hobo to make it happen if given the option. 

This was my wife’s favorite but she usually ate only the top layer then scraped the stuff off the bottom one. I didn’t ask why. I feared a knife in the temple.

On 3/11/2022 at 2:12 PM, Texzilla58 said:

My old boss had been head of product development for TB and came up with the double decker taco. The challenge he said was coming up with new shit out of 7 ingredients that would sell for 49 cents. This was around 03.

Came up with the double decker taco? Is that code for walked into a Taco Johns and copied their Taco Bravo?