Archer

She’s Better Topless: Jeep Thread

4 hours ago, Lurch said:

Are any of the current model wranglers decent cruisers, or will the ride be rough regardless of configuration?

Have had a TJ, a JK, and just bought a gladiator (JT). TJ was rough but loved it. JK was a step up in ride, but still not smooth. The JTs and JLs are smooth. The ride is way more car-like than I ever thought a Jeep could ever be without going the IFS route. Even after having put a lift and 35s on the JT, it’s still a pretty pleasant and smooth ride. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Stinkpalm said:

Have had a TJ, a JK, and just bought a gladiator (JT). TJ was rough but loved it. JK was a step up in ride, but still not smooth. The JTs and JLs are smooth. The ride is way more car-like than I ever thought a Jeep could ever be without going the IFS route. Even after having put a lift and 35s on the JT, it’s still a pretty pleasant and smooth ride. 

Which JK did you have?  My brother's lifted Willys JKU on 35s is definitely rougher than my stock Rubicon on 33s even though they're M/T, and overall the Rubicon's ride isn't bad at all.  I'd imagine the Sahara is even better though I've never driven one.

The JLUR I test-drove was absolutely smoother still, though, no doubt about it.  I really liked that Jeep but got a really great deal on the JKUR at 3 year old but only 17K miles on it, and it had clearly never been offroad nor had its doors or top off.  Now, it has done ALL of those things. :)

Edited by utee94

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Which JK did you have?  My brother's lifted Willys JKU on 35s is definitely rougher than my stock Rubicon on 33s even though they're M/T, and overall the Rubicon's ride isn't bad at all.  I'd imagine the Sahara is even better though I've never driven one.

The JLUR I test-drove was absolutely smoother still, though, no doubt about it.  I really liked that Jeep but got a really great deal on the JKUR at 3 year old but only 17K miles on it, and it had clearly never been offroad nor had its doors or top off.  Now, it has done ALL of those things. :)

It was a 2012 2-door Rubicon. It was certainly a better ride when it was stock, but even after I put the lift and 35s on it, it wasn’t bad at all. Just a small decrease in factory ride, which is to be expected any time you start messing with the geometry. Loved that thing. Didn’t plan on parting with it any time soon (traded it in with only 40,000 miles on it after 8 years) but needed a 4-door with a baby on the way. Really enjoying the gladiator so far, but still miss that manual trans 2-door jk

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Stinkpalm said:

It was a 2012 2-door Rubicon. It was certainly a better ride when it was stock, but even after I put the lift and 35s on it, it wasn’t bad at all. Just a small decrease in factory ride, which is to be expected any time you start messing with the geometry. Loved that thing. Didn’t plan on parting with it any time soon (traded it in with only 40,000 miles on it after 8 years) but needed a 4-door with a baby on the way. Really enjoying the gladiator so far, but still miss that manual trans 2-door jk

Gladiators look awesome, I dig 'em. 

Edit: Oh, and congrats on the impending baby on the way.  Kids love Jeeps!  Our kids are disappointed anytime we have the doors and/or top on. 

Edited by utee94

1 hour ago, Stinkpalm said:

Also, got any pics?  I always like looking at Jeeps.

7 hours ago, utee94 said:

Also, got any pics?  I always like looking at Jeeps.

I’ll try and upload some pics in the next couple days. Still haven’t taken any “hero” pics of the JT now that I’ve gotten it how I want it.