Updawg

CoTA sounds like it sucks

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

i guess the garage building can be used as a shelter?  maybe?

Looks like it's gonna be.

9 minutes ago, elfenix said:

maybe i should evactuate

"i peed in the same toilet michael schumacher did"

LOL. Where you be?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wood said:

LOL. Where you be?

h town. not an evacuation area

Edited by elfenix

50 minutes ago, elfenix said:

h town. not an evacuation area

Cool. Stay safe!

Turns out they're using it as a staging area near the airport before sending people on to area hotels.

6 hours ago, wood said:

Turns out they're using it as a staging area near the airport before sending people on to area hotels.

Man if they can funnel a couple hundred thousand through there over the next 24 hours, pretty sure Bobby will attempt to to claim it as fans at an event and grab that $25 million from the state!

World Challenge racing at COTA right now. https://www.gt-world-challenge-america.com/watch-live

There's been more bump 'shaving' at T3. The esses are a fucking disaster, esp in and out of 5. Big bumps in the T11 braking zone, & even in the T12 braking zone that's just been resurfaced. The big bump between 9 & 10 is still there, too. Looks like most of the rest of the resurfaced areas aren't bad, after some of it being resurfaced 2 & even 3 times this year.

As I was typing above, one of the cars broke its right rear suspension at T5. Wow.

Edited by wood

Rumor of a NASCAR date at COTA next year. Other sites jumping on this and reporting it as if it's already done, but the original story doesn't seem to say that. Looks like they only say that the TMS move frees up a weekend that could go to COTA or another track.

NASCAR moving All-Star Race to Texas, clearing the way to add a Cup race at COTA https://theathletic.com/2082618/2020/09/21/nascar-moving-all-star-race-to-texas-clearing-the-way-to-add-a-cup-race-at-cota/

We'll see. It would be cool though. I like NASCAR on road circuits. It's entertaining watching them flop around like fish on the boat deck.

Edited by wood

LOL. Just saw this on reddit, with the op asking if anyone knew which one was COTA. 

I think COTA's the one on the left lol, but just with wayyyy more grandstands than it actually has these days.

ykfeyb9qkko51.jpg

Edited by wood