recap of TJ Lavin going on the Challenge Mania podcast- news about S34

Goo Punch

Does Paulie really like Cara that much?  From seeing his ex, he can obviously do a lot better.  I think he just wants to be guaranteed a spot every season, and will dump her when he makes enough of a name for himself to be invited back on his own (which he is probably already there). 

Now that Kam and Josh are both gone I can turn the volume back up. Why did they both yell ALL THE TIME...?

I'm not a big Paulie fan, but he has done an amazing job making a name for himself in the franchise. Compare his arc to the wasted life that was Dario a few years ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Does Paulie really like Cara that much?  From seeing his ex, he can obviously do a lot better.  I think he just wants to be guaranteed a spot every season, and will dump her when he makes enough of a name for himself to be invited back on his own (which he is probably already there). 

Cara and Paulie are perfect for each other. both of them are super sensitive and insecure, and his  overwhelming little man syndrome makes him the knight in shining armor for her victim complex having self. Like I said, each one of them has the mentality of a 12/13 year old kid. They both get really really caught up in drama because of their juvenile, incendiary personalities, and they both see themselves as "the good guys", while anyone who might oppose them are clearly the "bad guys" in their eyes/mind. 

All that said i've grown to like Paulie a lot more since joining the challenge, while i can pretty much no longer stand Cara. Last nights voting was a perfect example. only one voter whined and moaned and cried and made a big stink about how some other player was being a meanie and ruining the voting, while everyone else just acted more or less like an adult and simply stated their votes when it was time to.  She's so goddamn childish and whiny. i can't imagine actually wanting to be a relationship with her, but it makes perfect sense for her and Paulie to link up. 

also i thought they were nuts for not going after turbo and nani. that was by far the logical choice. you could tell that it was a cooperative puzzle, and turbo barely speaks english and nany is terrible under pressure. i understand that if you're going to pick kam and ash that going against them in a puzzle is the way to go, but they nearly lost, and probably would have lost if kam weren't puking all over herself. that was a crazy decision to me. turbo and nany would have been smoked in that comp.

10 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

So glad Bear left I’ve never seen anyone more full of them self for actually doing nothing since the Kardashian’s..   I mean dude you were on ex on the beach UK and you think you are a celebrity lol

That’s what makes him great on the show. I’m all for people stirring the shit, especially when they’re doing well. Now that he’s gone we’ll get more Kyle and Cara bullshit. 

Haha deep down Hunter wants no part of those Turbo charged problems. I don’t know what would happen in an elimination, but in a fight Turbo might actually kill him. 

And the show is about to get boring as far as personalities go. Bear was carrying a heavy load in that department. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Turbo is winning this. Just has the total package imo. And he really looks like the one person you don’t want to piss off.

I know Wes said Mattie is the ROY(and for the girls she probably is) but Turbo is there too.

27 minutes ago, Drew said:

Turbo is winning this. Just has the total package imo. And he really looks like the one person you don’t want to piss off.

I know Wes said Mattie is the ROY(and for the girls she probably is) but Turbo is there too.

Is Turbo good at puzzles?  

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Wes being shown as being this smug, and full of himself (along with his sense of total security)  tells me based on many previous MTV edits that hes probably going down in the next guys challenge.

Anytime his "I'm the greatest" act starts to wear on me, I just imagine Bananas sitting at home having to watch it, knowing Wes orchestrated his exit from the game.  It's much more palatable if you do that.  

Oh man, girls like Dee are the worrrssstttt. Her homegirl loses her mind on Turbo like peak-Derka on a manic tirade, and when Turbo says something back to her Dee runs over out of fucking nowhere like, "You don't scream at my friend like that! No!" 

biiiiittttccchhhhh.....

How tf do chicks like that rationalize inserting themselves into situations like that? Then at dinner she doubles down and reinforces that Turbo is not allowed to yell at her friend (who was being a psycho at the time), and then, when Turbo refuses to accept Ninja's apology, of course Dee is over there just filling her friend's head with crap about how she's done nothing wrong and she just has to remember that Turbo is an asshole and it's not her fault. The absolute worst type of chick. Ugh.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Damn, can’t believe they had a tape challenge after the incident with Amanda earlier. 

Nany’s reaction to the whole elimination may have been the most adult-like we’ve seen in a long time. 

Wes straight up choked. The very first time around the wrist/arm is the most important. I did think it was BS they were allowed to move while being taped but thought it was pretty funny Georgia was able to get in his head so easily. 

3 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

I hope the duel is Paulie and Kyle.  Although Kyle seems pretty beat up.  No matter who goes in out of the possibilities, should be solid.

Next challenge looks gnarly.

only Paulie would be stupid enough to give up a chance at $750k for no fucking reason other than personal spite this late in the game.  

when has the person who has volunteered EVER won a challenge?    When Jordan did it, he lost,  when Zack & amanda couldnt fix their shit last year, they went out, I remember several other times in recent years where whoever asked to be in the challenge lost.

Im sure its happened, but I honestly cant remember 1 time where a person volunteered to go into the challenge without being forced to... and winning

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

only Paulie would be stupid enough to give up a chance at $750k for no fucking reason other than personal spite this late in the game.  

when has the person who has volunteered EVER won a challenge?    When Jordan did it, he lost,  when Zack & amanda couldnt fix their shit last year, they went out, I remember several other times in recent years where whoever asked to be in the challenge lost.

Im sure its happened, but I honestly cant remember 1 time where a person volunteered to go into the challenge without being forced to... and winning

Those are the only two times I can recall it happening.  I think Paulie is going to volunteer.   Its too juicy (to him at least) an opportunity to let pass.  Personally, I don't find the Paulie vs Kyle thing to be very interesting, so his reasoning is faulty.  He's imagining it to be an all-time move when in reality, it's an idiotic no win situation for him.  He could lose and become a punch line or he can win against an injured inferior athlete and took like an idiot for putting himself in jeopardy for such a petty reason when any one of the other guys would have done the dirty work for him.   

12 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Those are the only two times I can recall it happening.  I think Paulie is going to volunteer.   Its too juicy (to him at least) an opportunity to let pass.  Personally, I don't find the Paulie vs Kyle thing to be very interesting, so his reasoning is faulty.  He's imagining it to be an all-time move when in reality, it's an idiotic no win situation for him.  He could lose and become a punch line or he can win against an injured inferior athlete and took like an idiot for putting himself in jeopardy for such a petty reason when any one of the other guys would have done the dirty work for him.   

They have been pimping the Kyle/Paulie/Cara story line way too much all season for it not to happen. 

On the flip side that is exactly why they used the cliff hanger that they did to make the audience assume he volunteers. Either way it was producer provoked. When has someone ever asked if there was a volunteer to go in like Wes asked? 

1 minute ago, JimmyHoffa said:

On the flip side that is exactly why they used the cliff hanger that they did to make the audience assume he volunteers. Either way it was producer provoked. When has someone ever asked if there was a volunteer to go in like Wes asked? 

I wonder if Paulie asked Wes to say that, did the producers ask him, or did Wes just think "let's put this little fucker on the spot and maybe I'll get lucky and Kyle will win and I won't have to run the final against Paulie".  I feel like it's the last one, but maybe the middle one.  

It was kind of bullshit that, on guy's elimination week, Wes' survival is controlled by a partner that openly dislikes him.  Why would she not have thrown that challenge?  I still can't believe they made the top 3.  It seemed like without showing us the numbers, the producers can just decide who they want in the Tribunal.  It really felt like they did that this week.  How did Wes/Day beat Hunter/Mattie?