Indycar 2019

relapse98

15 hours ago, elfenix said:
On 6/18/2019 at 1:58 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:
Looks like they are eventually posted on indycar.com - it has them for previous races.

Assuming you're there, they were stacks of them free at Mid-Ohio when I was there, so I assume it's the same at Road America.

Yeah they were handing them out at the 500 too.

Nearly got run over by Seabass fleeing the autograph session in a golf cart. 
Ferucci was a passenger and hopped out along the way and ran back in our direction. I was close enough to assault him, but regretfully, I didn't. 
That's happened to me in the Houston GRB paddock, but it was Mario on a moped

I've had a similar experience with Matt Kenseth once - close enough to notice that he is missing a molar. 

Am I the only one who thinks of Rosenqvist as Felix Rosenpenis? 

Looks like Ferucci had a mechanical failure in qualifying. A few people cheered when the news came over the PA system. 

Rossi on the raggedest part of the edge in the first part of qualifying. Colton Herta looks strong. 

All official Alonso merchandise is 40% off. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

Pretty clumsy by Herta there who squeezes Pagenaud and then re-entered the track and almost collided with Dixon.

Herta is a little like rookie year Verstappen. Clearly fast but perhaps a little too ambitious or aggressive and crashes out. 

Dixon is having a heck of a recovery drive. 

getting around to watching the race on nbc app.  have i mentioned how much i hate it?  the amount of pre-race show is apparently variable, sometimes as little as 10 minutes, for this race it was 50.  i didn't know that, so i skipped ahead about  3 or 4 minutes at a time looking for the cars to start running.  problem is they insert unskippable 2-3 minute blocks of ads so i had to sit, wait for the ads to pass, see the cars still weren't running, skip forward another few minutes, nope, cars not running, repeat repeat repeat repeat. 

as for the race, 5th block of ads happened on lap 22.  you miss a more than a lap per block of ads, so out of 22 laps they've shown 14 or 15.  fucking awful.

i should just go watch a pirate stream posted to youtube or something.  

edit: came back at lap 25.  laps are 1:47 or so.  fuck you nbc

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

You'd like to think that if you're watching after the fact, they might have the bright idea to at least show the entirety of the race, regardless of their ad blitz. 

Like ESPN does on replays of F1. They have a chick come on, say we are going to commercial break, but when we come back you will be back at the exact same spot and not miss a second of racing. That's how to do it.

23 hours ago, elfenix said:

getting around to watching the race on nbc app.  have i mentioned how much i hate it?  the amount of pre-race show is apparently variable, sometimes as little as 10 minutes, for this race it was 50.  i didn't know that, so i skipped ahead about  3 or 4 minutes at a time looking for the cars to start running.  problem is they insert unskippable 2-3 minute blocks of ads so i had to sit, wait for the ads to pass, see the cars still weren't running, skip forward another few minutes, nope, cars not running, repeat repeat repeat repeat. 

as for the race, 5th block of ads happened on lap 22.  you miss a more than a lap per block of ads, so out of 22 laps they've shown 14 or 15.  fucking awful.

i should just go watch a pirate stream posted to youtube or something.  

edit: came back at lap 25.  laps are 1:47 or so.  fuck you nbc

NBC sucks ass. It absolutely blows my mind that there are still people out there saying they miss NBC's shitty F1 coverage and prefer it over Sky's coverage on ESPN ... but then, there are a shit ton of stupid motherfuckers out there.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Dixon was passing him anyway and based on his crazy reverse gear burn out I'm sure it was an honest mistake by Power. 

Power already had a stupid move at the same corner in the first lap. Pretty bad race by him. 

I think Dixon had minor damage from brushing the wall that kept him behind Simon. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I gotta say I am not a fan of lapped traffic being in the way. I know many like to see them all race, but I like the F1 blue flag setup.

I was just coming on here to ask about blue flags and what's up with all these lapped assholes getting in the way of the fight for the win. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rumored for a while but was still doubting it because ASP currently runs Honda. 

It is also being rumored that Colton Herta will end up there meaning one of either Ericsson or Hinch will be out. 

Then I presume they will run a third car with Alonso for the 500.