sidis

Composition Thread

19 hours ago, Goredho said:

Work and family demands are really sucking away my time these days, so I just got to listen to your trance hop here.  I am not a huge fan of the genre, but this was good and more appealing and interesting to me than most examples I’ve heard.  How’d you program the beat in logic?

I made the beat using the new step sequencer in logic.  that was part of the reason i put the track together in the first place.  logic just did a big update and one of the things they added was a really cool and versatile step sequencer for the various drum kits.  this was the result of playing around with that a bunch.

39 minutes ago, sidis said:

I made the beat using the new step sequencer in logic.  that was part of the reason i put the track together in the first place.  logic just did a big update and one of the things they added was a really cool and versatile step sequencer for the various drum kits.  this was the result of playing around with that a bunch.

Cool, good to know about.  Thanks for the share.

Posted (edited)

"On the Nature of Daylight" is one of my favorite pieces written in the last 20 years.  It was written for a string quintet and its intimacy is part of what makes it work so well.  So I of course took on the challenge of ratcheting up the scale and rearranged it for an entire orchestra and piano.  It is a long, slow build that finishes with a lot of sound.

Edited by sidis