Jump to content
Captain Ron

Tottenham 2019-20: Full Throttle

Recommended Posts

Well, I accidentally subscribed to this thread awhile back, so I guess I’m in. 

What the hell happens if they’re tied after 90? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumbass me raged until 230am. 

Woke up at 430, lasted about 20 mins...

just rewatched!! Good god HK!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kane’s shit is ridiculous—he doesn’t even look at the goal and doesn’t look like he got a lot of power in the shot. But damn, it was a helluva shot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am seeing some talk that Toby is going to be here this year. There isn't interest in paying for his transfer if you can get him on a free next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 7:08 PM, Schulz2.0 said:

Looks like Janssen will be going to Monterrey. A newspaper there that covers the club has said he had his medical and the transfer should be announced shortly.

él marca goles cuando él quiere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I am seeing some talk that Toby is going to be here this year. There isn't interest in paying for his transfer if you can get him on a free next year.

I’m shocked that no one wants to pay £25m for him and hand him a 4-5 year deal at £200k/week. Shocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can't believe we have a Spurs off-season thread.  This feels...weird.

I was happy/sad that we looked decent without Eriksen.

I also enjoyed being able to understand Poch more than I understood Kane after the match. Ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Sounds like a deal for Sessegnon is close.

Reading the same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounding like Eriksen to Atletico.  Apparently, Levy is negotiating with them right now after Real dropped out.

Eriksen went from going to Barcelona to Real to (possibly) Manchester United to (now) Atletico.   That's a weird progression/regression.

Sorry to see him leave, loved watching him.  Last year was no where near his best, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.  Reports are that he turned down 200K / week in wages.  I guess he really wanted to leave.

I think Lo Celso will work out fine.  I like what Levy has been doing this summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alasdair Gold is reporting that Foyth can now go on the UEFA “B” list for registration. That means he doesn’t count as a foreign player on the CL/EL roster. Very helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 7:21 PM, DeepEastTexas said:

Eriksen went from going to Barcelona to Real to (possibly) Manchester United to (now) Atletico.   That's a weird progression/regression.

Considering the rumors that he was leaving to "win trophies".  He will be miles further away from a trophy than with Spurs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dele out a couple weeks with a hamstring injury. Foyth out for several weeks with a bad ankle injury per Pochettino.

Edited by Schulz2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 5:21 PM, DeepEastTexas said:

Sounding like Eriksen to Atletico.  Apparently, Levy is negotiating with them right now after Real dropped out.

Eriksen went from going to Barcelona to Real to (possibly) Manchester United to (now) Atletico.   That's a weird progression/regression.

Sorry to see him leave, loved watching him.  Last year was no where near his best, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.  Reports are that he turned down 200K / week in wages.  I guess he really wanted to leave.

I think Lo Celso will work out fine.  I like what Levy has been doing this summer. 

 

On 7/23/2019 at 6:57 AM, Schulz2.0 said:

Alasdair Gold is reporting that Foyth can now go on the UEFA “B” list for registration. That means he doesn’t count as a foreign player on the CL/EL roster. Very helpful.

 

On 7/24/2019 at 5:19 PM, midtown said:

Just saw that 4a9c0bb96908f858d54414a051869c35.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
 

 

On 7/31/2019 at 11:53 AM, kingkoopa6 said:

lamela out to prove something i see

Pochettino is saying:

”Can we haz all your Argentines?!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heck of a summer...if loan rumors come to fruition before deadline spurs could challenge Liverpool/city....and have another deep CL run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also defers some money to try to sign Dybala. Here’s hoping to waking up to that news tomorrow!

Dybala and Kane up top would be fucking formidable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Also defers some money to try to sign Dybala. Here’s hoping to waking up to that news tomorrow!

Dybala and Kane up top would be fucking formidable. 

Dybala is asking for too much in wages, agent fees, and image rights. I doubt that happens...I’m hopeful though. You’re absolutely right about him and Kane. Formidable. 

Im happy with Lo Celso and Sessegnon and Ndombele. Good summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 11:18 AM, kingkoopa6 said:

I’m not a fan of tats, but...

... I do love her...

...

...tits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Who knows how close the Dybala deal was, but Juve has decided not to sell, so he isn't moving.

I just posted this in the transfer thread, but I kind of think that Dybala no vale la pena.

He seems like more trouble and disruption/drama than he’s worth. 

I know he’s a talented Argentino, but he runs too hot and cold and I think that he rarely gives maximum effort while also frequently lashing out in true Argie fashion.

His distractive ways might have been reduced with a paisano for a manager and a handful of paisanos on the squad to keep the boludo in check, but I cannot say that he’s worth the risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe? With the strides made, I think Spurs are currently at a time when maybe they can take that risk.

 

The only question now - does Eriksen move?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Maybe? With the strides made, I think Spurs are currently at a time when maybe they can take that risk.

 

The only question now - does Eriksen move?

I’d be shocked if we kept him and lost him on a free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. With the rest of the transfer windows still open, I don't think Eriksen stays. I hope he does, but I don't think he will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...