Texas Women's Soccer

Js1

We need Holly Ward to keep playing like this. Teams are committing numbers centrally to try and stop Missimo and Byars. Ward is getting 1 v 1 opportunities on the wing all night. 

If Ward can keep winning these 1 v 1 situations on the wing it creates a lot of problems for other teams. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

4 minutes ago, pacman said:

21 shots in the first half

Couple of tough fouls on byars. She isnt happy about it either. 3 totals hits from behind, though only two are called fouls

Yeah the coaching staff was yelling to give a yellow. 

It's pretty obvious what Lamar's strategy is. Just foul Byars before she can turn. 

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Wait, I thought we play Wisconsin next who is up 2-0 late in the 2nd in Madison.  

I'm confused easily.  When would be our next match, presumably next Friday?  

We do play Wisconsin. In Tallahassee. The 1s and 2s host the second and third rounds.

Lexi with the game winner in the 67 min. Assisted by Jilly

Onto the Sweet 16

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Another assist and goal for Missimo to move Texas into the Sweet 16.

It's now reached a point where if Missmio doesn't win National Player of the Year it's a complete robbery. 

Should also mean a jersey retirement once she is gone

BYU (1-0 over Southern Cal) and Texas (2-1 over Wisconsin) have moved on. Tech plays at 6 against Princeton, looking to join them in the Sweet 16

We are not the first 5 seed to advance this year - Michigan State beat Harvard 1-0 and faces BYU next. 5 seed Iowa lost to 4 seed Georgia 3-2. The last 5 is Nebraska, who plays unranked Tennessee. 

21 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think Kelly should still probably be fired but a pretty tough decision now. Can you get rid of a coach that won the Big 12 tournament title, made the Sweet 16, and returns almost the entire roster next season?

Maybe a short-term extension works?

I bet she is extended.  It's a bad look not to.  And it will need to be for an amount of time that works with the recruiting dynamic in this sport (no idea what that is).  You don't bring somebody back only to hamstring them.  

Lexi’s game winner was great. Hard to tell if she baited the keeper into going for the ball or the keeper decided to try to aggressively get a foot on it; but she gambled and Lexi had an open net

Probably guessing 1 on 1 against Lexi is a loser for any keeper 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I bet she is extended.  It's a bad look not to.  And it will need to be for an amount of time that works with the recruiting dynamic in this sport (no idea what that is).  You don't bring somebody back only to hamstring them.  

Maybe a short term extension - she brought in an excellent class and Justus, Missimo, Shimkin, Ward, Byars, Miller can all come back + getting Cox back from the injury.