Texas Women's Soccer

Js1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

CDC has had plenty of opportunities to fire AK. At a certain point it's on him for not taking action on a new hire. She's one of the last coaches with Plonsky stank all over her. 

I always figured she was riding our her contract with the recruits she had brought in. I don’t believe she ever got an extension from CDC and this is her last year under contract?

• Like 1

we just cant defend.  in the last two games we are getting our butts kicked in time of possession and also field of possession.  it seemed like tech and byu were constantly on our side of the field.  i know the score was close, and thats great, but it would be nice, and improve our odds of winning, if we were the ones pressing.

Kelly sticks out like a sore thumb in our athletic department. She's really the only weak link in the athletic department. I see no shot she's returning after this season unless something crazy happens in the NCAA tournament. 

An elite 8 or better or she needs to be gone. Especially with the way CDC has been making home run hires. 

• Like 1

TCU is red hot in the Big 12 again. 

This seems like such an obvious hire for Texas. TCU had never made the NCAA tournament prior to Eric Bell and it's looking like they will make their 7th straight appearance under Bell. He's also made the Elite 8 and Sweet 16 in the past 2 years. As an assistant at FSU, they made 3 College Cups (I.e. Final 4s).

Del Conte hired Bell at TCU and I see no reason he shouldn't do the same here. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 10:10 PM, Js1 said:

Or not. Jesus Christ 

One of my best friend’s oldest daughter is Ashleigh Williams. I believe she scored the first goal for Tech (#37). She is just like her father as a competitor. Her dad played at a small college for football, but he played in semi-pro leagues in Dallas until he was 41. I know it sucks she beat Texas, but I am happy for my friend and his daughter.

Edited by UpperWestside

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That was maybe the best half of the season. UCF is pretty good (they were ranked last week).

We can really score with Missimo and Byars if the other players could just be semi-decent in the midfield and defensively. 

They also haven’t lost at home in almost 400 days 

Huge win after the terrible West Virginia result that dropped us from 45 to 71 in RPI. 

That should be about a 30 point jump in RPI after this win. But just getting to the postseason is not going to save Kelly and it shouldn't with players like Missimo and Byars. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

29 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A chance to stack some wins now. 

#158 Iowa State

@ #131 OU

@ 189 Houston

We should be on a 5 game win streak once we play a ranked TCU team at home. 

Given the auto-bids, I think our RPI needs to be in the low 40s to get in the tournament. Getting 3 points against TCU and a deep Big12 tournament run may be needed at this point to sneak in the tournament 

Texas Tech looks like the best team in the conference.  Through 10/9

Tech 6-0-1 (19)
TCU 5-1-1 (16)
Texas 4-2-1 (13)
BYU 3-0-3 (12)
OSU / UCF 3-3 (12)

Everyone else 10 or less points

Remaining for Texas:

@ OU (2-3-2)
@ UH (2-5)
TCU (5-1-1)

Tech looks in the driver's set for the regular season championship and #1 overall, but Texas needs to maintain that #3 spot and avoid Tech until the tournament finals.  2 wins and a draw should be sufficient to finish 3rd, and even a W against TCU could put us at #2

Jumped up to #50 in the RPI thanks to wins over UCF and ISU.  Remaining matches: #148 Oklahoma, #199 Houston, #37 TCU

Anything less than 2 wins against OU/UH and a draw with TCU would be bad. 

Edited by Js1

• 2 weeks later...

Byars is the Big 12 Forward of the Year
Missimo is the Big 12 Midfielder of the Year
Both unanimous First Team All Big 12
Justus Second Team All Big 12
Carly Montgomery and Avery Clark All Big 12 Freshman 

Justus must have been runner-up to Madison White (Tech) for GK of the Year, since those were the 2 GKs on the All Big 12 teams (White 1st team, Justus 2nd team)

Tech picked up the 4 other awards - Defender of the Year, GK of the Year, Freshman of the Year and Coach of the Year (unanimous)