The stupidest worst selfish asshole things dumbasses do on the road

wood

On 6/21/2018 at 4:17 PM, wood said:

Davis & Mopac ... just ...smh. Wow. Just came through there & was trying to turn west onto Davis as usual. Car 2 cars ahead makes a little pause at the turn. Unnecessary & fucking annoying, but not a huge deal. Then the car in front of me gets to the turn and just stops. Sits there for like 30 seconds while other cars are going. I tap the horn and she just flips me off. She finally moves slowly forward, starting to turn right, and then she just yanks the wheel to the left, cuts across the straight-through westbound lane and in front of a westbound car coming through there, before the landscaping in the median. She cuts across him and then keeps turning left to do a u-turn & go east --- right at the off ramp/right turn --- she just pulls a 180 right in the middle of everything. Fuck everyone! I thought I had seen it all right there. I guess not. Unreal.

Drove through just now and someone had put up a handwritten posterboard sign saying (paraphrased) "YOU DON'T HAVE TO STOP! YOU HAVE YOUR OWN LANE!"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DanRydell said:

Drove through just now and someone had put up a handwritten posterboard sign saying (paraphrased) "YOU DON'T HAVE TO STOP! YOU HAVE YOUR OWN LANE!"

Good. 

ETA: Just saw the sign. It's all warped & illegible from the wind & humidity. I'm thinking of getting one of these made & putting it just below the stop sign.

r1-10p.gif

Edited by wood

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Dewey said:

Right after that pic was taken, white SUV attempts to pass, lead car speeds up and keeps pace with the big rig.

or.... white SUV gets over like he's gonna pass, moves even with slow car, slows down and matches speed right about the same time 3 other cars behind him begin to attempt to pass on the right. 

I see this shit daily and it baffles me. 

• Like 2

I encountered an unusually large number of slow drivers this afternoon. Some people driving 10 mph below the speed limit and others taking forever to turn left at a light when it turned green. You don't need to wait until the car in front of you is 30' away before you step on the gas. 

Surly still can't embed from Imgur but this guy two cars ahead was the worst:

https://imgur.com/a/MDChwXL

That guy was going 10-15 in a 25 mph zone and then straddled two lanes at the light. No signal. Cross street is 45 mph and he of course turns left, just like the driver behind him, and me, and he maintains the same snail's pace.

Thanks to a short, unoccupied left turn only lane in that direction I was able to zip by them both as soon as I got into the intersection. I laid on the horn as I passed that idiot and could see that he was staring at his phone the whole time. Did he speed up after I passed him? No. He just faded off in the distance as he held up a long line of traffic behind him. Dude looked like he was old enough to know better, too. Like in his 40's or 50's. 

26 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I encountered an unusually large number of slow drivers this afternoon. Some people driving 10 mph below the speed limit and others taking forever to turn left at a light when it turned green. You don't need to wait until the car in front of you is 30' away before you step on the gas. 

Surly still can't embed from Imgur but this guy two cars ahead was the worst:

https://imgur.com/a/MDChwXL

That guy was going 10-15 in a 25 mph zone and then straddled two lanes at the light. No signal. Cross street is 45 mph and he of course turns left, just like the driver behind him, and me, and he maintains the same snail's pace.

Thanks to a short, unoccupied left turn only lane in that direction I was able to zip by them both as soon as I got into the intersection. I laid on the horn as I passed that idiot and could see that he was staring at his phone the whole time. Did he speed up after I passed him? No. He just faded off in the distance as he held up a long line of traffic behind him. Dude looked like he was old enough to know better, too. Like in his 40's or 50's. 

I hope you threw two D batteries at his window when you blazed by